|Specifics: This is for Ghostbusters International|
Long ago, a young and foolish woman named Una O'Neill offended Aibell by breaking the heart of a boy under her protection. Aibell told Una she would never in a dozen lifetimes find another as sweet and pure as him. Aibell condemned her to life. As part of the curse, Aibell sent one of her Banshees to keep Una alive every year by filling her with more time and more pain.   As a result, she lived for over 500 years. Una became a friend of Walter Peck's family at some point. Eventually, she wanted to pass on and asked Peck for help in doing so. Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Winston Zeddemore, and Kylie Griffin were brought in.
Peter and Kylie went to look for Aibell while the others fended off the Banshee sent to Una. Relying on the comprehensive lore and a pair of Ecto Goggles, Kylie found the entrance to Aibell's residence, Craig Liath. As Peter quoted a lyric from "Purple Rain" about how the times are changing, Aibell agreed. He turned and shot. The Proton Stream had no affect. Aibell was impressed with Peter's boldness and appeared to them. She inquired about the purpose of their visit. Lacking the proper equipment to fight a god, they did the next best thing: talk. At first she didn't recognize who Una was until they explained she was the one her Banshees were keeping alive. Aibell mused she would keep Una alive for three or four more lifetimes. She deduced they were a distraction while their allies tried to save Una in vain. Peter was not impressed by her kinda-sorta read your mind act. Aibell laughed and took a liking to Peter. Aibell agreed to abandon her claim on Una in exchange for a favor. Peter agreed before Kylie could stop him. Aibell teleported them to Una's property then ripped the Trap holding the one Banshee in half, releasing it. Aibell appeared on the face of the Moon and bid Peter goodbye then reminded him they would see each other again. Winston realized Peter did something that was going to catch up to them later. As the sun rose, Una passed on at long last.
Aibell is a god and thus immortal. She has shown the abilities to take on a shadow form, project her visage, is unaffected by Proton Streams, commands Banshees, and can mass teleport herself and others over vast distances.
- Aibell is a Fairy queen/goddess from Irish mythology. She was the guardian goddess of Dalassians, Fairy Queen of Thomond, and presided over North Munster. She is said to dwell in a silent glen at Craig Liath, the "Grey Rock," two miles north of Killaloe.
- In Ghostbusters International #7, page 16 panel 5, a harp is on the right - a nod to Aibell. It is said if you hear her harp playing, you won't be alive for much longer.
- Ongoing Series
- ↑ Una O'Neill (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #7" (2016) (Comic p.6). Una O'Neill says: "I offended the great and terrible Aibell - and she condemned me to life."
- ↑ Una O'Neill (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #7" (2016) (Comic p.5). Una O'Neill says: "The Banshee's been sent to keep me in the land of the living."
- ↑ Una O'Neill (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #7" (2016) (Comic p.5). Una O'Neill says: "Each and every year, one of Aibell's banshees comes to fill me with more time and more pain on her behalf."
- ↑ Narrator (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #8" (2016) (Comic What Came Before! page). Narrator says: "There were banshees, sure, and Peter made a deal with a faerie."