|Specifics: This is for Crossing Over, IDW 20/20|
Sanctum of SlimeEdit
Alan Crendall joined the junior team of the Ghostbusters out of a desire to clear his family's name after the damage done to it by Janosz Poha, his uncle. After the junior team defeats Dumazu, Alan makes amends with Janosz.
A young Alan Crendall lives with his mother in unit 426 of an apartment complex and was acquainted with the Ghostbusters. After the "Infestation" Incident, his complex was haunted by Slimer. Alan believed it to be a curse brought on his family because of his uncle's misdeeds, but his mother told him not to talk about it. A week later, while delivering baklava to the Ghostbusters, Alan confided in Winston Zeddemore and Janine Melnitz. Winston agreed to look into it in exchange for the baklava, since Alan only had $6. At the end of the year, Idulnas coerced Janosz Poha into serving him by threatening to kill Alan and his mother. 
When he was a boy, Alan Crendall wanted to work in a museum like his uncle Janosz Poha. Poha's career ended after being possessed by Vigo the Carpathian and his mind was damaged. To help Alan cope with the trauma of what happened to his uncle, his mother arranged a meeting with Winston Zeddemore. Winston provided an explanation of the Vigo incident intended to comfort him, but it instead inspired Alan to work towards becoming a Ghostbuster himself. As a Ghostbuster, he works tirelessly to prevent any paranormally-caused trauma that he can. Alan also attained an online degree, an Associate of Arts in Accounting.  In the near future, Alan belayed Samuel from shooting the Cerberus Manifestation. He wanted to draw it away from Bridget and get a clean shot at it. However, before he could finish his sentence, the entity was gone. Alan helped trap all of Connla's Army on Liberty Island in the prime dimension weeks away from Halloween. Egon Spengler, of the prime dimension, asked the Ghostbusters junior team for their help in retrieving ghosts that escaped from the Containment Unit and escaped into the multiverse. All of the teams involved in the operation gathered in the Warehouse.
The Ghostbusters of 50-S asked why they didn't just use the Interspatial Teleportation Unit to go back in time and prevent the incident from happening. Ray replied there was no time travel component. The Extreme Ghostbusters chimed in the Egon on The Real Ghostbusters of Dimension 68-R looked like a younger version of their Egon. Alan added, erroneously, they were from Ray's future and he could have told them about the emergency beforehand. The prime dimension's Egon reiterated the teleportation unit could not time travel but time was a dimension they could access in so far as they went to parallel realities that could be further ahead or further behind what they knew as the present but no action they took had an effect on their timeline.
"Practical and hardworking, Alan has no real background in the paranormal but is the workhorse leader of the team -- the others know he's always there to pick them up after a Knock Down or help with wrangling a frenzied ghoul. He's also the steady hand of the team - when things go wrong he's the one with the plan."
Alan is also described as a "typical blue collar kind of guy" and "pragmatic." 
On February 28, 2011, it was revealed the familial connection will be between Janosz Poha and Alan Crendall. The specific connection is revealed in the game. 
- Alan was originally named "Oscar" but that name and the story crafted for him didn't fit with other things that were happening with the Ghostbusters franchise at the time so it was dropped. 
- In the third draft of the script, Alan was kidnapped by Janosz when he was a child. 
- Alan is "pretty much the same age" as Samuel Hazer. 
- On the Subscription Cover of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #1, Alan's photo is above Janine.
- Alan 50-S appears on Cover A of Ghostbusters Crossing Over Issue #2.
- IDW Comics
- Volume One
- Ghostbusters Get Real
- Ghostbusters Annual 2017
- Answering The Call
- 50-S version only
- Answering The Call
- Ghostbusters Annual 2018
- 50-S version only
- Ghostbusters Crossing Over
- ↑ http://protoncharging.com/gb/2011/02/16/sanctum-of-slime-dev-diary-and-three-new-screens/
- ↑ Idulnas (2013). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters Issue #16" (2013) (Comic p.8). Idulnas says: "I will flay the flesh from your bones, Janosz Poha! And then I will spill the blood of your sister, your precious nephew..."
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 3/1/18
- ↑ USA Today 2/2011
- ↑ Third Draft Script, Page 10 and 14
- ↑ Hero Complex LA Times 2/28/11
- ↑ Spook Central Interview 3/19/11
- ↑ Third Draft Script, Page 20
- ↑ Third Draft Script, Page 25