The Aldridge Mansion Museum was the location of the first ghost in the 2016 movie.
The Aldridge Mansion was built in the nineteenth century, and was one of the elegant homes in existence in that time period.
On the morning of October 25, 1894 Sir Aldridge woke up and was furious that his breakfast was not waiting for him. He called out for his servants, but none responded. He then found out that they had all been stabbed in their sleep by his eldest daughter Gertrude. The family avoiding humiliation locked her in the basement instead of calling out authorities. She lived in the basement til her death. A new owner years later discovered her remains. Ultimately the door was resealed shut by the owner after hear strange things had happened.
The tour guide, Garrett had ended a tour and was getting ready to go for the day, when all the sudden a noise came from the basement. Garrett ran to the entrance door to leave, but the door knob was red hot. He then ran to the drawing room and tried to launch a chair at a window, but the chair stopped in the air, then his him. He then ran and ended up down the basement. He noticed that the basement floor and walls were leaking a green goop. He then noticed that he got some on his hands. He tried to run back up the stairs, but the stairs collapsed and he found himself hanging for dear life. Then Gertrude revealed herself from the slime on the floor. Garrett screamed.
Erin, Abby, and Jillian inspected the location and after a bit, Erin noticed the basement door had opened. A moment later Gertrude hoovered out of the basement. Erin tried to communicate to her, but then she projected ectoplasm all over her.
After spending a large amount of time in Queens, Patty Tolan and Holtzmann chased after a ghost in Manhattan.  A portal generated by another dimension's Ghostbusters' Interspatial Teleportation Unit opened in a park near Aldridge Mansion. A student named Evan Torres poked his head through the portal and wondered if there was an alternate New York that was full of just robots. Kylie Griffin pulled Evan back through. The ghost made a beeline for the portal but Kylie closed it just in time. Unaware of what just happened, Patty and Holtzmann spotted him near Aldridge Mansion and the latter opened fire. She missed and blew up a parked car instead though she insisted the ghost used its psychic powers on it. They dodged the ghost as it charged them. Holtzmann had enough and blew it up with her Proton Pistol.
- Mud Room (white walled room)
- Entryway (green walled room)
- Game Room (features Gertrude's piano)
- Aldridge Family Library (circa 1920)
- Sir Aldridge
- Gertrude Aldridge
- unknown number of servants
- On August 14, 2015, The Castle at Boston University was dressed as the "Historic Aldridge Mansion Museum" for filming on August 17. 
- On August 26, 2015, filming took place at the Ames Mansion at Borderland State Park from Tuesday August 25 to Friday August 28. 
- Garrett revealed the mansion and its owner already had a questionable history even before Gertrude's gruesome crimes:
- On page 1 of Ghostbusters International #9, in panel 3, on the invoice are several references to the 2016 movie: in the description section is Boston University Castle and its address: 225 Bay State Road, Boston, MA 02215
- On page 13 of Ghostbusters 101 #1, in panel 3, the park that Evan Torres sees in the ATC universe is near the Boston filming location for Aldridge Mansion Museum exteriors on 225 Bay State Road. The park Evan appears over is at the intersection of Bay State Road and Granby Street.
- On page 5 of Ghostbusters 101 #3, in panel 3, the news ticker mentions the Aldridge Mansion has reopened after a second incident.
- On page 18 of Ghostbusters 101 #6, the second image is from the 2016 movie, Chapter 3, when they see Gertrude Aldridge in the Aldridge Mansion Museum. Winston Zeddemore appeared in place of Abby, holding their P.K.E. Meter, while Holtzmann recorded with the Sony 4K Camcorder.
- ↑ Abby Yates (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #1" (2017) (Comic p.20). Abby Yates says: "You've been gone for... come on, Queens is... it's crawling with extranormal entities!"
- ↑ Boston "Has 'Ghostbusters' made its way to Boston University?" 8/17/15
- ↑ "Easton mansion a scary good fit for new Ghostbusters movie" 8/26/15
From Film and TrailersEdit
Unless otherwise noted, the screen caps come from the Extended Edition of the film.