In order to gather intelligence on Cathulhu, Egon Spengler and Peter Venkman took a flight to Arkham and sought out Alice Derleth at Miskatonic. Some time later, all of the Ghostbusters arrived at Arkham to investigate a case of a haunted mansion.
- Miskatonic University and Arkham, Massachusetts are both fictional locations used extensively in the stories by H.P. Lovecraft and other Cthulhu Mythos writers.
- Arkham is home to one of the most haunted houses on record. The Whateley House is haunted by 13 ghosts. 
- "Whateley" is a reference to H.P. Lovecraft's "The Dunwich Horror" which featured several characters with the surname Whateley.
- Arkham, Massachusetts was the inspiration for Arkham Asylum in Batman comics.
- "The Collect Call of Cathulhu"
- "The Hole in the Wall Gang"
- "The Haunting of Heck House"
- Mentioned by Egon
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Hole in the Wall Gang" (1987) (DVD ts. 03:40-03:45). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "Arkham. The home of the world famous Miskatonic University."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Haunting of Heck House" (1990) (DVD ts. 11:22-11:32). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "By way of comparison, the Whateley House in Arkham had 13. The Vincent Mansion had 10. And the most haunted house on record, the Crowley House had 25."