Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lord Kildarby made a deal with the Ghostbusters that if they defeated the Bird of Kildarby, he and his army would leave their castle and Manhattan forever.  The team agreed and discovered the true danger presented by the Bird. They made a strategic retreat to Ecto-1 and quickly brainstormed a way to survive. The Ghostbusters managed to trap the bird by connecting two Traps to the Containment Unit and sending it in. Lord Kildarby and his army had nowhere to go so the Ghostbusters allowed them to stay if they tone down their habits of haunting the place during the day.
Tobin's Spirit GuideEdit
The Bird of Kildarby has the power of flight and possesses above average strength. While in flight, it is able to tear off the roof of Ecto-1 and takes only 29.4 seconds to realign and attack again.  It also was able to crash through the wall of the Firehouse without taking any harm.
For an unspecified reason, the Bird of Kildarby was stated to be too large for the traps. It was confined in three Proton Streams and could only be captured indefinitely by the power of the Containment Unit.
- Ray estimated the Bird to be 500 pounds. 
- The Bird is similar in physical description, behavior, and place of origin to the Adar Llwch Gwin of Welsh legend.
- The Bird is referenced in What in Samhain Just Happened?! on page nine. A bust of the creature can be seen behind Janine Melnitz.
- On page 12 of Ghostbusters Issue #5, there is another statue of the bird, this time in Ray's Occult Books above Kylie Griffin.
- On page 10 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #3, the Bird makes a non-canon cameo in the store front of The Kildarby Kilts behind Special Agent Melanie Ortiz.
- On page six of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #11, near the painting of Oscar and the Ghostbusters is a Bird of Kildarby mannequin.
- On page eight of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #15, the Bird of Kildarby makes a non-canon cameo as a doll near Special Agent Melanie Ortiz.
- On the Convention Cover of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #1, the Bird of Kildarby makes a non-canon cameo in the upper right corner.
- In Ghostbusters International #2, on page 11, to the right of Eduardo Rivera is the store's resident doll based on the Bird of Kildarby.
- "The Bird of Kildarby"
- "The Grundel"
- ↑ Lord Kildarby (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Bird of Kildarby" (1987) (DVD ts. 15:30-15:33). Time Life Entertainment. Lord Kildarby says: "The Bird of Kildarby awaits you just outside the castle."
- ↑ Lord Kildarby (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Bird of Kildarby" (1987) (DVD ts. 14:36-14:41). Time Life Entertainment. Lord Kildarby says: "If you and your compatriots are man enough to defeat my wee pet birdie, we will leave Castle Kildarby."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Bird of Kildarby" (1987) (DVD ts. 15:48-15:53). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "It's a big bird, Peter. A very big bird."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Bird of Kildarby" (1987) (DVD ts. 16:31-16:35). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "It should take about 29.4 seconds for a bird that size to circle, realign, and attack."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Bird of Kildarby" (1987) (DVD ts. 16:08-16:10). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "How do you catch a 500 pound bird?"