Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Boogaloo  was the leader of thousands of demons that terrorized the Earth two thousand years ago.
A long time ago, Earth was infested by demons. These demons were led by one named Boogaloo. Eventually, the druids struck a deal with them. Boogaloo and the worst of his demons would go off to the Netherworld on the condition that they were remembered, which led to the celebration of Halloween. This became known as the Halloween Deal.    
However, 2000 years later, Dr. Crowley (with the aid of Boogaloo's servant Fairweather) in effect broke the deal when all traces of Halloween were erased by his Electronic Positronic Anti-Halloween Machine. As a result, Boogaloo and his creatures were released.   They terrorized New York City and partied like crazy as they waited for midnight when the deal to honor Halloween would be forever broken and they'd be free forever.  The Ghostbusters decided to split up to save the world. While Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz distracted Boogaloo, Egon Spengler and Winston Zeddmore traced the portal's origin to Dr. Crowley's Mansion in the Times Square district. However, the Anti-Halloween Machine was destroyed beyond repair by Boogaloo's minions to prevent anyone from reversing its effects.
Fortunately, with the help of Irma, the Ghostbusters made Boogaloo realize that even though all the decorations, pumpkins, and costumes were erased, the true spirit of Halloween lives on in children. With proof that Halloween was still alive, Boogaloo and his demons were forced to return to the void they came from, for good. Their re-imprisonment also restored all traces of Halloween destroyed by Crowley, and undid all the damage they caused, such as (supposedly) the destruction of the Containment Unit and liberation of the ghosts imprisoned within it. It also turned the time back to 8 pm right before the demons were released, giving everyone a second chance to celebrate Halloween.
Ghostbusters: The Board GameEdit
Ghost Card InformationEdit
- To Hit: 3 or higher, add a Stream
- To Trap: 9 Streams
- When Hit: Move 2 spaces towards that Ghostbuster.
- When Missed: A Ghost from the Spirit World emerges from that Ghostbuster's space, and then that Ghost and Boogaloo move 1 space in a random direction.
- When Trapped: Remove Boogaloo from the scenario instead and each Ghostbuster gains 3 XP.
- Terrain and Ghosts do not block Line of Sight to Boogaloo
- When two Boogaloo Manifestations occupy the same space, remove them both from the scenario and place Boogaloo (from outside the scenario) into that space.
- At the end of each round, each Ghostbuster within Boogaloo's Line of Sight move 1 space at random, three times (obstacles and map edges stop movement).
Boogaloo is the leader of thousands of demons. A deal was made keeping Boogaloo and his minions in a netherworld on the condition that they were always remembered. Boogaloo would now very much like to end the deal.
He is evil by nature but also likes to party down. Possessing great strength, the ability to animate objects, create manifestations and shoot fireballs and energy bolts, Boogaloo is never to be taken lightly.
Like most ghosts in the show, Boogaloo is evil and sinister. He also appears to be something of a party animal since he danced and sang for a while shortly after Crowley summoned him.
In Ghostbusters: The Board Game, Boogaloo is a Class 7.
Boogaloo can animate inanimate objects, is very strong, can shoot fireballs from his hands, and can fire bolts of energy from his mouth and fingertips.
- In "The Halloween Door," Boogaloo sings his own song, "Boogaloo's Back in Town" written by J. Michael Straczynski and Brian O'Neal.
- Boogaloo makes a non-canon cameo on Ghostbusters Issue #9 Cover RI-B, Midtown Comics Grand Central
- On page nine of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #9, Boogaloo makes a non-canon cameo in a photograph on Egon's board.
- On March 10, 2015, the 23rd stretch goal of Ghostbusters: The Board Game, $1250K, was introduced: Boogaloo.  Boogaloo was unlocked. 
- On Boogaloo's character card in Ghostbusters: The Board Game
- The caption on the photograph quotes Peter's "He's ugly and his mother dresses him funny" line from "The Halloween Door"
- Like the Boogaloo Manifestation's biography, Boogaloo's also summarizes the back drop of the Halloween Deal.
- The biography mentions Boogaloo likes to party down. In "The Halloween Door," there is a segment where he sings and dances upon crossing over to New York City.
- ↑ Eatock, James and Mangels, Andy (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Booklet, p. 33. CPT Holdings, Inc. Line reads: "Brian O'Neal, the voice of Boogaloo, performed "Cleanin' Up The Town" with The Bus Boys on the soundtrack to the Ghostbusters movie."
- ↑ Boogaloo (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 12:35-12:38). Time Life Entertainment. Boogaloo says: "And Boogaloo is back in town!"
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 05:33-05:48). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "2000 years ago, October 31st was the end of the old year and the ancient Celtic priest called Druids held a celebration. It was the birth of the festival we now call Halloween."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 14:54-15:00). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "2000 years ago, the Earth was infested by demons but the Druids struck a deal. The worst of the demons would go off to the Netherworld on one condition--"
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 15:02-15:04). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "Let me guess. They wanted us to remember them."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 15:04-15:06). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "Exactly. Halloween."
- ↑ Fairweather (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 10:32-10:41). Time Life Entertainment. Fairweather says: "No. We used you and your machine. It was easy preying on people's fears. We needed a portal to open a door to the Other Side."
- ↑ Boogaloo (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 14:28-14:32). Time Life Entertainment. Boogaloo says: "The Halloween Deal has been broken! So now we're back to stay."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 15:22-15:36). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "if we don't restore Halloween and send these creatures back where they came from before midnight, the contract is broken permanently."
- ↑ Ghostbusters: The Board Game Update #43 3/10/15 "A Five Flusher!"
- ↑ Ghostbusters: The Board Game Update #44 3/10/15 "You can thank him for Halloween..."