|Appeared in||The Real Ghostbusters;|
"The Halloween Door"
|Played by||Brian O'Neal |
Boogaloo was the leader of thousands of demons that terrorized the Earth two thousand years ago.
A long time ago, Earth was infested by demons. These demons were led by one named Boogaloo. Eventually, the druids struck a deal with them. Boogaloo and the worst of his demons would go off to the Netherworld on the condition that they were remembered, which led to the celebration of Halloween. This became known as the Halloween Deal. 
However, 2000 years later, Dr. Crowley (with the aid of Boogaloo's servant Fairweather) in effect broke the deal when all traces of Halloween were erased by his Electronic Positronic Anti-Halloween Machine. As a result, Boogaloo and his creatures were released. They terrorized New York City and partied like crazy as they waited for midnight when the deal to honor Halloween would be forever broken and they'd be free forever.  The Ghostbusters decided to split up to save the world. While Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz distracted Boogaloo, Egon Spengler and Winston Zeddmore traced the portal's origin to Dr. Crowley's Mansion in the Times Square district. However, the Anti-Halloween Machine was destroyed beyond repair by Boogaloo's minions to prevent anyone from reversing its effects.
Fortunately, with the help of Irma, the Ghostbusters made Boogaloo realize that even though all the decorations, pumpkins, and costumes were erased, the true spirit of Halloween lives on in children. With proof that Halloween was still alive, Boogaloo and his demons were forced to return to the void they came from, for good. Their re-imprisonment also restored all traces of Halloween destroyed by Crowley, and undid all the damage they caused, such as (supposedly) the destruction of the Containment Unit and liberation of the ghosts imprisoned within it. It also turned the time back to 8 pm right before the demons were released, giving everyone a second chance to celebrate Halloween.
Like most ghosts in the show, Boogaloo is evil and sinister. He also appears to be something of a party animal since he danced and sang for a while shortly after Crowley summoned him.
Boogaloo can animate inanimate objects, is very strong, can shoot fireballs from his hands, and can fire bolts of energy from his mouth and fingertips.
- In "The Halloween Door," Boogaloo sings his own song, "Boogaloo's Back in Town" written by J. Michael Straczynski and Brian O'Neal.
- Boogaloo makes a non-canon cameo on Ghostbusters Issue #9 Cover RI-B, Midtown Comics Grand Central
- On page nine of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #9, Boogaloo makes a non-canon cameo in a photograph on Egon's board.
- ↑ Eatock, James & Mangels, Andy (2008). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection booklet, p. 33. CPT Holdings, Inc.
- ↑ Egon Spengler, Peter Venkman (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 04:17-04:22, 04:59-05:05, 14:38-14:47, 14:48-14:49, 14:50-14:55). Time Life Entertainment.
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "The Halloween Door" (1989) (DVD ts. 15:05-15:10). Time Life Entertainment.