|Specifics: Ghostbusters: The Board Game II|
Captain Jack Higgins  is the captain of a team of ghost pirates.
Captain Jack Higgins was once known as the "blackest pirate to sail the seven seas" and the appearance of his ship, the Stag was often an ill omen. 200 years later, Higgins' 600 gold doubloons were discovered and put on display at a newly opened maritime museum in New York City. Higgins and his crew manifested as ghosts and sailed the Stag, now a ghost ship made of ectoplasmic lumber, to reclaim the treasure.  He was also accompanied by a bird that wouldn't shut up, much to his dismay. The Stag flew into the city and he attempted to rob New York of its valuables until he and his crew were captured by the Ghostbusters.
Captain Jack has the ability to sense where his gold doubloons are. 
- Captain Jack Higgins is one of the few ghosts to be familiar with the Ghostbusters before he even encounters them. This is shown when he first sees the Ghostbusters and says "So, they must be the four who aren't afraid of ghosts!"
- On page 16 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #2, Captain Jack's skull makes a non-canon cameo in in the upper left corner.
- On page 23 of Ghostbusters International #4, the Caribbean Pirate Ship Manifestation bears some similarities to Captain Jack and the Stag.
- ↑ Captain Jack Higgins (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Sea Fright" (1987) (DVD ts. 05:27-05:32). Time Life Entertainment. Jack says: "They bear watching in the future as Captain Jack Higgins takes back what is rightfully his."
- ↑ Captain Jack Higgins (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Sea Fright" (1987) (DVD ts. 05:33-05:42). Time Life Entertainment. Jack says: "I swear as I swore before, none of us: ship, crew or captain shall rest 'til the treasure I lost be mine once again."
- ↑ Captain Jack Higgins (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Sea Fright" (1987) (DVD ts. 11:32-11:34). Time Life Entertainment. Jack says: "I can sense its presence."