Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Casey Kasem (April 27, 1932 – June 15, 2014) did a voice-over cameo as himself on his radio show after the Ghostbusters became famous.
Casey Kasem mentioned how the Ghostbusters captured a ghost at the fashionable dance club, The Rose then stayed on to dance the night away with some of the lovely ladies who witnessed the disturbance. He continued on with the countdown. Dana Barrett happened to be listening to Kasem at the time when he mentioned the Ghostbusters.
- Kasem was the Host of syndicated radio program "American Top 40" from 1970 - 1988.
- The Tall Woman at Party that Louis dances with is played by Kasem's real-life wife Jean Kasem. 
- Kasem was added at the last minute in post-production. From coming up with the idea of using Kasem to cutting Kasem into the film, it only took 24 hours. 
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #20, in panel 1, on the left side with their backs to the reader are Casey and Jean Kasem.
- ↑ IMDb-Casey Kasem
- ↑ IMDb-Jean Kasem
- ↑ Shay, Don (November 1985). Making Ghostbusters, p. 93 annotation. New York Zoetrope, New York NY USA, ISBN 0590336843. Michael Gross recounts: "Casey Kasem was included at the very last minute during post-production. In fact, the idea of putting him in came to us the day before we recorded it. We called him up, made the deal, he appeared the next day, read his bit and we cut it into the film -- all in 24 hours."