|IDW Ongoing Monthly SeriesSpecifics: This is for|
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
|Ghosts Encountered||Jogger Ghost|
See Central Park Cemetery
Central Park is a public park in the middle of Manhattan in New York City.
In the early 20th century, the Cult of Gozer secretly constructed a Cult Cemetery somewhere in Central Park, was built and it lay hidden for decades. In 1984, Vinz Clortho went after Louis Tully to serve as his host, Louis ran away. Vinz cornered Louis in Central Park and possessed him. Five years later, Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz went on a bust in Central Park involving a Jogger Ghost and trapped it on the jogging path that goes around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis Reservoir in the northern part of the park. On the Thanksgiving 1991 weekend, the park was infringed on by a Gozerian dimension. After the Ghostbusters destroyed Ivo Shandor, the dimension collapsed and the park reverted to normal.
Secondary Canon HistoryEdit
Koza'Rai had Central Park infused with a myriad of demonic energies in a plan to turn Earth into a Netherworld. Humans were taken as slaves and forced to reassemble Stonehenge in order to open a Devil's Shoe Horn. Winston Zeddemore extracted Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, and Rachel Unglighter from imprisonment. After they regrouped, the team formed a last ditch plan to take out Stonehenge or die trying. Peter and Rachel managed to reverse the stone's configuration and pull all demons and ghosts into the Netherworld. Central Park and New York was restored to normal as a result.
After Idulnas failed to aid Gozer in the re-selection of a new Destructor Form, the Ghostbusters trapped most of Gozer's essence. As a result, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man exploded. Some of the residue covered up Central Park. Months later, in the fall, the Goast manifested near the Strawberry Fields Memorial and attacked bystanders. The Ghost Smashers engaged the entity pro bono but failed to atomize it. Peter and Ray were nearby and intervened, trapping the Goast.
In February, Peter and Special Agent Melanie Ortiz were walking to the Ritz Cafe in Central Park when a green demon manifested and kidnapped the former. On the 15th anniversary of his 12 person murder spree, Gareth Dibello manifested as a ghost. He attempted to ambush a male jogger off the path around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis Reservoir. The jogger escaped and tipped off the New Ghostbusters. After over one hour, they stopped him from killing a woman and trapped him on Bridge #24. Later in the summer, Winston Zeddemore and Tiyah Clarke went on a picnic in Central Park near the Jagiello Grunwald Monument. During Halloween, Stingy Jack was isolated in Central Park by The Devil with a Ghost Fire Wall around the park. The Ghostbusters were called in by the Fire Department City of New York when normal conventions failed to take care of the fire. Some hours later, the Ghostbusters arrived at Glen Span Arch on West Drive, in the North Woods section. Ray Stantz used a Slime Blower to punch a hole through the wall. The Ghostbusters walked around the park and split up to go after Stingy Jack. Surprisingly, Jack jumped Winston and trapped himself. Ray stayed behind to dissipate the entire wall.
- Most of Vinz' pursuit of Louis to Central Park was filmed before principal photography.  
- The scene in Central Park where possessed Louis talks to the horse is near 6th Avenue and was really done in the middle of the night. 
- Ghostbusters II
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Secondary Canon HistoryEdit
- "Displaced Aggression Issue 4"
- Ongoing Series
- ↑ Ivan Reitman (2005). Ghostbusters- Commentary (2005) (DVD ts. 54:01-54:02). Columbia TriStar Home Video. Ivan Reitman says: "Yeah, this was in October when... "
- ↑ Joe Medjuck (2005). Ghostbusters- Commentary (2005) (DVD ts. 54:02-54:06). Columbia TriStar Home Video. Joe Medjuck says: "This was when we went a week early. Shot for five days. Most of this. "
- ↑ Joe Medjuck (2005). Ghostbusters- Commentary (2005) (DVD ts. 59:15-59:17). Columbia TriStar Home Video. Joe Medjuck says: "This is uh 6th Avenue I think. This is the middle of the night near Central Park I remember. "