Central Park is a public park in the middle of Manhattan in New York City.
In the early 20th century, the Cult of Gozer secretly constructed a Cult Cemetery somewhere in Central Park, was built and it lay hidden for decades. In 1984, Vinz Clortho chased after Louis Tully to use him as his host, Louis ran away after an unsuccessful attempt at his apartment. Vinz cornered Louis in Central Park where it was finally able to possess him. Five years later, Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz went on a bust in Central Park involving a Jogger Ghost and trapped it on the jogging path that goes around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis Reservoir in the northern part of the park. On the Thanksgiving 1991 weekend, the park was infringed on by a Gozerian dimension. After the Ghostbusters destroyed Ivo Shandor, the dimension collapsed and the park reverted to normal.
Secondary Canon HistoryEdit
Koza'Rai had Central Park infused with a myriad of demonic energies in a plan to turn Earth into a Netherworld. Humans were taken as slaves and forced to reassemble Stonehenge in order to open a Devil's Shoe Horn. Winston Zeddemore extracted Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, and Rachel Unglighter from imprisonment. After they regrouped, the team formed a last ditch plan to take out Stonehenge or die trying. Peter and Rachel managed to reverse the stone's configuration and pull all demons and ghosts into the Netherworld. Central Park and New York was restored to normal as a result.
After Idulnas failed to aid Gozer in the re-selection of a new Destructor Form, the Ghostbusters trapped most of Gozer's essence. As a result, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man exploded. Some of the residue covered up Central Park. Months later, in the fall, the Goast manifested near the Strawberry Fields Memorial and attacked bystanders. The Ghost Smashers engaged the entity pro bono but failed to atomize it. Peter and Ray were nearby and intervened, trapping the Goast.
In February, Peter and Special Agent Melanie Ortiz were walking to the Ritz Cafe in Central Park when a green demon manifested and kidnapped the former. On the 15th anniversary of his 12 person murder spree, Gareth Dibello manifested as a ghost. He attempted to ambush a male jogger off the path around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis Reservoir. The jogger escaped and tipped off the New Ghostbusters. After over one hour, they stopped him from killing a woman and trapped him on Bridge #24. Later in the summer, Winston Zeddemore and Tiyah Clarke went on a picnic in Central Park near the Jagiello Grunwald Monument. During Halloween, Stingy Jack was isolated in Central Park by The Devil with a Ghost Fire Wall around the park. The Ghostbusters were called in by the Fire Department City of New York when normal conventions failed to take care of the fire. Some hours later, the Ghostbusters arrived at Glen Span Arch on West Drive, in the North Woods section. Ray Stantz used a Slime Blower to punch a hole through the wall. The Ghostbusters walked around the park and split up to go after Stingy Jack. Surprisingly, Jack jumped Winston and trapped himself. Ray stayed behind to dissipate the entire wall.
In the springtime, Winston and Tiyah were married at the Loeb Boathouse. The following year, in May, at 5:48 pm, Loftur Þorsteinsson called the Firehouse and spoke with Ray. He told Ray he wanted the Ghostbusters to meet with him at midnight in Central Park near Umpire Rock. A little while later, Loftur sat on a bench in the park. A young girl dressed like Thor noticed Loftur's book. Loftur told her it was about magic and asked her if she believed in it. The girl's mother informed her it was time for dinner and they should leave him alone. Loftur lamented there was no belief in magic anymore but that would change soon. Police officers were contracted for security detail at Central Park. They emptied the park of all citizens and sealed it off. At 11:55 pm, Jenny Moran did a final check with Officer Mike to confirm everyone but Loftur was cleared out of the park. Mike wished her luck as she headed into the park. At 11:59 pm, Jenny caught up to the Ghostbusters and their support staff at Umpire Rock. Ray held a lighter to the Rauoskinna and demanded him to restore Egon. Loftur didn't care and cast a spell at Ray. Special Agent Melanie Ortiz opened fire but he easily blocked her Proton Stream with a spell. Jenny panicked and read a spell extracted from the Rauoskinna. Everyone was cast into Hell except for Winston. While hours passed for them, only a minute passed in the park. Aibell teleported them back to Umpire Rock after Jenny destroyed the Rauoskinna. Winston hugged Egon but Ray was unaware Jenny was vaporized by Aibell. Suddenly, Jenny manifested as a ghost and promised she wasn't going anywhere. She kissed and hugged Ray.
Ghostbusters: The Board GameEdit
Idulnas triggered an incursion of the Spirit World on the physical plane. A sizable chunk of paranormal sightings were reported at Central Park.  The Ghostbusters stopped on Fifth Avenue and investigated. Idulnas possessed the Alice of the Alice in Wonderland statue and taunted them. They opened fire on the statue but Idulnas quickly vacated it. A Spirit World Gate tore open before them and revealed an army of silhouettes and the overwhelming stench of death. They battled throughout sections of the park closing gates and banishing ghosts back to the Spirit World, culminating in a battle against Idulnas and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
- Most of Vinz' pursuit of Louis to Central Park was filmed before principal photography.  
- The scene in Central Park where possessed Louis talks to the horse is near 6th Avenue and was really done in the middle of the night. 
- On page 19 of Ghostbusters International #10, Loftur mentions Umpire Rock, a protrusion of exposed bedrock located on the West Side at 63rd Street just south of the Hecksher Ballfields.
- On page 1 of Ghostbusters International #11, the issue opens at the Central Park entrance at Warner LeRoy Place and Central Park West near W 67th Street.
- On page 1 of Ghostbusters International #11, panel 3, Luis Antonio Delgado's 15 easter egg appears on the speed limit sign as 15 miles per hour.
- The speed limit in reality is 20 miles per hour.
- On page 2 of Ghostbusters International #11, panel 5, in the background behind Loftur is the Hampshire House at 150 Central Park South.
- On page 4 of Ghostbusters International #11, Loftur remarks the veil to beyond is thinnest in Central Park. 
- Ghostbusters II
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Secondary Canon HistoryEdit
- "Displaced Aggression Issue 4"
- Ongoing Series
- ↑ Narrator (2015). Cryptozoic Entertainment- "Ghostbusters: The Board Game" (2015) (Comic p.4). Narrator says: "Ecto-1 pulled to a stop on 5th Avenue. The Ghostbusters exited cautiously, looking about in case of an ambush and then walked into Central Park, where a sizable chunk of sightings had been reported."
- ↑ Ivan Reitman (2005). Ghostbusters- Commentary (2005) (DVD ts. 54:01-54:02). Columbia TriStar Home Video. Ivan Reitman says: "Yeah, this was in October when... "
- ↑ Joe Medjuck (2005). Ghostbusters- Commentary (2005) (DVD ts. 54:02-54:06). Columbia TriStar Home Video. Joe Medjuck says: "This was when we went a week early. Shot for five days. Most of this. "
- ↑ Joe Medjuck (2005). Ghostbusters- Commentary (2005) (DVD ts. 59:15-59:17). Columbia TriStar Home Video. Joe Medjuck says: "This is uh 6th Avenue I think. This is the middle of the night near Central Park I remember. "
- ↑ Loftur Þorsteinsson (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #11" (2016) (Comic p.4). Loftur Þorsteinsson says: "The veil to beyond is thinnest here, in this park."