Chip Hanson started dating Tina Bell at some point but was not-so-secretly admired by Bess. After the The Witches summoned Cernunnos, they used their power to punish Bell for dissing Bess. With Bell supposedly out of town, Chip became annoyed when all sorts of single women approached him. After practice, he snapped at Bess for trying to ask him out. The Witches retaliated and he was transmutated into a tree-like hag. The Extreme Ghostbusters took readings and a bark sample. Egon Spengler confirmed a 98.1% analysis with ectoplasmic residue from Tina's Apartment. Once Cernunnos was trapped, Chip was restored to his normal self.
- Chip's jersey number is 7
- Chip and Bess were in the same Chemistry course. 
- On page one of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #5, Chip makes a non-canon cameo seated behind Ray Stantz.
- ↑ Roland Jackson (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- Witchy Woman (1997) (DVD ts. 10:39-10:41). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Roland says: "Property of Chip Hanson..."
- ↑ Bess (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- Witchy Woman (1997) (DVD ts. 08:08-08:11). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Bess says: "A ha ha, I'm in your Chemistry class, too."