Not to be confused with Coney Island from Animated Canon
Coney Island  is a neighborhood in southwestern Brooklyn known for its amusement parks.
In 1944, a very young Jonas Schultz watched as Luna Park burned to the ground.  He lived his whole life wishing it to come back, just as it was. Over the years, the good will generated by amusement parks on Coney Island were absorbed by a pool of Psychomagnotheric Slime below in the sewers.  In the present, while on a bust, Ray Stantz made a slight error on his calculations and almost sank Coney Island. A few years later, on the morning of his death at 4:13 am, Jonas manifested as a ghost. Empowered by the pool of positively charged Psychomagnotheric Slime below in the sewers, Jonas was able to generate a construct of Luna Park over its former site. He watched in awe. Peter Venkman and Winston Zeddemore trapped Jonas while Egon Spengler and Ray tried to neutralize the slime with negative emotions. Egon urinated into the pool and Ray used a Proton Grenade. They underestimated the reaction and the slime flowed to the surface, raining down all over Coney's communities. The mostly neutralized slime animated some playground equipment and it ran off. 
A week later, the EPA decided to fine the Ghostbusters for willingly introducing a toxic element to a residential area as well as the Paranormal Contracts Oversight Commission for not being able to keep them in check. To make matters worse, the projected fine would financially ruin the Ghostbusters. To circumvent it, Peter pitched an idea for a fantasy camp that could double as a recruiting program. The positively charged Psychomagnotheric Ectoplasm was harvested by the Ghostbusters and later used by the 101 Cadets to neutralize the Ley Lines of Manhattan in order to sever the Bronx Spook's connection as first part of the plan to trap it.
- Luna Park was one of three original iconic parks built on Coney Island.
- In Ghostbusters 101 #1, the fire mentioned was the first of three that ruined Luna Park. It took place on August 12, 1944.
- On page 1 of Ghostbusters 101 #1, right of Jonas is Luna's Electric Tower.
- On page 2 of Ghostbusters 101 #1, in panel 1, in the upper left is Luna's Whirl of the Whirl.
- Ghostbusters: Infestation #1
- Ghostbusters 101 #1
- Ghostbusters 101 #2
- Mentioned on What Came Before Page 
- Ghostbusters 101 #5
- Mentioned by Ray Stantz on page 20. 
- Ghostbusters 101 Issue #6
- Mentioned by Ray Stantz on page 2. 
- ↑ Narrator (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #1" (2017) (Comic p.1). Narrator says: "Luna Park was one of Coney Island's brightest attractions from 1903 until 1944."
- ↑ Narrator (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #1" (2017) (Comic p.1). Narrator says: "When he was very young, Jonas Schultz watched it burn to the ground. He lived his entire life wishing Luna Park was back, just as it was."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #1" (2017) (Comic p.3). Ray Stantz says: "Amusement parks around here must've built up a lot of good will over the last century, and this mood slime just sopped up all those good vibes."
- ↑ Walter Peck (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #1" (2017) (Comic p.8). Walter Peck says: "The playground equipment ran away."
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2011). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Infestation #1" (2011) (Comic p.3). Peter Venkman says: "And let's not forget your last set of calculations almost sank Coney Island!"
- ↑ What Came Before Page (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #2" (2017) (Comic What Came Before page). What Came Before page reads: "While stopping a nostalgic ghost from recreating the long-destroyed Luna Park, the Ghostbusters managed to drench a residential section of Coney Island in (mostly inert) mood slime."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #5" (2017) (Comic p.20). Ray Stantz says: "We might just have enough. Let me tell you a little story about Coney Island."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #6" (2017) (Comic p.2). Ray Stantz says: "Those canisters you all have are filled to the brim with positively charged Psychomagnatheric Ectoplasm -- pure concentrated good vibes in a can, all harvested from a recent encounter near Coney Island."