Dean Harold Filmore was Erin's department head and went to her office to comment on her final review for her tenure case. He suggested getting a referral from a more prestigious school, as her referral from Dr. Brennen at Princeton came out of a science department that wasn't as respected as it used to be.
Later, after finding out about the video of Erin ecstatically declaring ghosts real, he fired her. He indicated it was on the grounds that she no longer met Columbia's standards.
- His first name is the same as actor Harold Ramis; and to add to it, he walks by a bust of Harold Ramis in his first of two scenes.
- On December 9, 2015, it was reported Charles Dance had a role in the movie. 
- On January 11, 2016, Charles Dance commented his character was a straight man to the Ghostbusters and neither a hero nor villain - the character "just doesn't understand and appreciate the whole Ghostbusting thing. He was English as well." 
- ↑ Inverse "Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters' Will Feature Tywin Lannister (a.k.a. Charles Dance)" 12/9/15
- ↑ Radio Times "Charles Dance confirms his “straight man” role in the Ghostbusters reboot: "He just doesn’t understand the whole Ghostbusting thing"" 1/11/16