The Real GhostbustersEdit
Located on the far wall opposite the door in Egon's laboratory, the Dimensional Inverter is one of the most unstable pieces of equipment. Egon has had to constantly put out small fires with a fire extinguisher while performing tests on it.  Victor messed with the control panel and caused a power surge in the Firehouse. Slimer attempted to intervene but he was electrocuted and blamed instead of Victor. Egon threw the switch down and turned the Inverter off. During the Land of Lost Objects case, Egon got it in working order more or less. He chose to remain at the Firehouse and monitor a dangerously high P.K.E. surge while the others investigated a call from Brooklyn.
Egon managed to get the Dimensional Inverter working again. While performing a test run, he unknowingly fried Slimer's Stay Puft Marshmallow Man doll and a Flex-O-Man Comic. Egon apologized but continued to perform more tests to make sure the Inverter was perfect.
- On pages 3 and 20 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #5, pieces of the Inverter make non-canon cameoes on bottom shelves.
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #17, the part of the Inverter make a non-canon cameo in the Firehouse's R&D lab on the bottom shelf.
- On page three of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #19, a part of the Dimensional Inverter makes another non-canon cameo in the laboratory on the bottom shelf.
- On page 12 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Issue #1, the IDW canon's version of the Inverter appears and its function is to detect fallout from a dimensional breach.
- Winston's question about the new device catching on fire is a nod to the device routinely going on the fritz in The Real Ghostbusters.
- "When Halloween Was Forever"
- "Look Homeward, Ray"
- "Citizen Ghost"
- "Xmas Marks the Spot"
- "Adventures in Slime and Space"
- "Who're You Calling Two-Dimensional?"
- "Chicken, He Clucked"
- "The Headless Motorcyclist"
- "The Revenge of Murray the Mantis"
- "The Devil to Pay"
- "Slimer, Is That You?"
- "Egon's Ghost"
- "Victor the Happy Ghost"
- "Egon's Dragon"
- "The Copycat"
- "The Grundel"
- "Standing Room Only"
- "The Brooklyn Triangle"
- "Slimer's Curse"
- "Til Death Do Us Part"
- "Loose Screws"
- "Janine, You've Changed"
- "Guess What's Coming to Dinner"
- "Not Now, Slimer!"
- Ghostbusters Get Real
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). Slimer!- "Room at the Top" (1988) (DVD ts. 02:47-02:48). Time Life Entertainment.
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Brooklyn Triangle" (1988) (DVD ts. 04:58-05:04). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "We're getting some dangerously high P.K.E. surges. I think something is trying to breakthrough from the Spirit World."
- ↑ "The Devil to Pay"