Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Real GhostbustersEdit
In the long term, storing captured entities in on-site containment vessels in the basement of the Firehouse would be both expensive and hazardous. Egon Spengler and Ray Stantz developed the Dimensionometer as a method to banish spirits to other dimensions permanently.  A test subject was sent through and the Dimensionometer proved a success.
However, a 20/40/60 news crew was present. Ever skeptical, Sandy Van Sanders caused an overload. In the chaos, Egon's soul was sucked into the Netherworld and a Possessor Demon stole Egon's body. After Winston Zeddemore and Peter Venkman hosed down the Dimensionometer with fire extinguishers, Peter went in to rescue Egon's soul while Janine held the fort. Ultimately Egon was returned to normal and the demon was sent back. The Dimensionometer wasn't too lucky and appeared to be scrapped.
Ghostbusters: The Board GameEdit
- On page seven of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #3, the Dimensionometer's see through canister makes a non-canon cameo near the pack parts.
- On page 17 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #5, parts of the Dimensionometer makes a non-canon cameo - miniature portal in the first panel and other device in front of Roger Baugh.
- On page six of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #17, the Dimensionometer make a non-canon cameo behind Kylie Griffin.
- On page one of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #19, the Dimensionometer makes a non-canon cameo in the R&D lab.
- On page one of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Issue #4, the Dimensionometer makes a non-canon cameo in the R&D laboratory behind Kylie.
- On page 10, panel 2, of Ghostbusters Annual 2015, the Dimensionometer makes a non-canon cameo behind Ray.
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon on the Rampage" (1987) (DVD ts. 5:06-5:09). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "That's why Dr. Stantz and I have developed the Dimensionometer."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon on the Rampage" (1987) (DVD ts. 5:10-5:13). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "If it works, it'll banish spirits to another dimension permanently."
- ↑ Narrator (2015). Cryptozoic Entertainment- "Ghostbusters: The Board Game" (2015) (Manual p.17). Narrator says: "The Ecto-1 contains a portable Dimensionometer, which allows Ghostbusters to send Trapped Ghosts back to the Spirit World."