Haunting Fort Detmerring
|Played by||Kym Herrin|
The Dream Ghost (also known as the Fort Detmerring Ghost) is the ghost of a beautiful woman who's been dead for a hundred years. 
While the Ghostbusters had some downtime and slept in the Firehouse sleeping quarters, Ray dreamed about an encounter with the Dream Ghost.
A couple weeks after getting the call from a park ranger stationed at Fort Detmerring, Ray Stantz and Winston Zeddemore arrived to investigate. The ghost was a problem for quite some time and was never talked about openly before the Ghostbusters was established. Ray and Winston split up to cover more ground. When Ray fell asleep in the Single Officers' Quarters dressed in period clothing, the Dream Ghost appeared to him and performed fellatio. 
- In the 8/5/1983 script, Ray admits he's in love with the Dream Ghost, who's been dead for 150 years. 
- Kym Herrin filmed her scenes at Entertainment Effects Group then the crew added optical effects and composited her into the Fort Deterring set. 
- ↑ Shay, Don (November 1985). Making Ghostbusters, p. 137 annotation. New York Zoetrope, New York NY USA, ISBN 0590336843.
- ↑ 10/7/1983 Script, p.88, 93, 94 via Spook Central
- ↑ Aykroyd, Dan & Ramis, Harold (1983). Ghostbusters (First Draft August 5, 1983) (Script p. 99). Ray says: "I think I'm in love. ... Yeah. She's been dead for one hundred and fifty years.""
- ↑ Shay, Don (November 1985). Making Ghostbusters, p. 136 annotation. New York Zoetrope, New York NY USA, ISBN 0918432685. Paragraph reads: "Playboy centerfold Kym Herrin strikes a hovering pose on stage at Entertainment Effects Group. Her brightly-lit, wind-blown image was later enhanced with optical effects and composited into the live-action material photographed on the Fort Detmerring set."