Ray as CaretakerEdit
Winston as CaretakerEdit
Season 3 and on it was Winston that maintained the Ecto-1 and also added Gadgets to it which were revealed in different episodes in the time came up it was needed. He modified it in "Afterlife in the Fast Lane" so he could race Ecto-1 against the other Ghostbusters. Winston also entered the famous car into car shows.  For the First Annual Ghostbusters Grand Prix, Winston souped up Ecto-1 and drove it.  It ended up being the only vehicle in the race to survive.
Other Ectos Used with Ecto-1Edit
The Ecto-3 is in a hidden compartment in the fender near the back next to the right rear tire. A level behind the bumper opens up the compartment.
Different Gadget AddonsEdit
Most gadgets for the Ecto-1 made their appearances in Season 3.
- One of the original gadgets on the roof of Ecto-1 is called the Di-Variable Universal.  When activated it can pick up supernatural emanations. It was utilized to detect the ecto surge caused by Mr. Tummell and to track down Marduk.
- A gadget on the roof is called the Ecto-Scope.  When Ecto-1 needed a jump, Peter raised the Ecto-Scope up to catch Killerwatt's blasts. It worked but the blasts animated Ecto-1.
- If there is a breach in the Containment Unit, there is a console in the basement. When triggered, the console sends an emergency alert to Ecto-1. It was used in "Cry Uncle" and it appears to have been made to prevent a similar situation that occurred during the Gozer Incident.
- Psycho-dampers were used to protect Kate from the Headless Horseman. Once inside Ecto-1, the dampers would prevent the ghost from detecting her presence.  
- A cannon was used in a few episodes like "I Am the City." It was a high powered device that they used on larger entities and to aim from afar. The Cannon was crucial in defeating Tiamat.
- A retractable fog horn was used in the Rall incident to lure the animal army to chase after Ecto-1.
- The Water Raft gadget was used in "Sticky Business" and "The Two Faces of Slimer" to get the Ecto-1 to float back to the surface of the ocean and then drive to the shore. Winston secretly added it himself. 
- A retractable launcher can shoot a very long lasso with the touch of a handy remote. It was used to help the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man during the events of "Sticky Business."
- With the push of a button, a set of spotlights on the front section of the roof would be unveiled and turned on. They were used against Samhain in "Halloween II 1/2"
- A Proton Cannon is stored under the Divariable Universal and can be unveiled and turned around. It was only tested once before it was used against ghosts in "Halloween II 1/2" 
- An apparatus could extend four Traps out of the side of Ecto-1. It was used in "Halloween II 1/2"
- With the flip of a switch, Ecto-1 could emit a thick smoke screen. It was used to throw off several ghosts in "Halloween II 1/2"
- The Jet Jumper allows Ecto-1 to do a standing high jump. It was used in "Big Trouble With Little Slimer" Winston revealed the jumper could make Ecto go only 5 feet in the air. Since Ecto had to clear a 10 foot high fence, some items were thrown out.  
- The backseat area conceals a miniature laboratory and safe. The safe's access code is "47-53." Both were used in "If I Were a Witch Man." 
In Extreme GhostbustersEdit
The Ecto-1 seems to have a brand new front end with black push bumpers, square headlights, and a winch. It now has a smaller and more modern equipment of the roof, complete with a roll-cage. The paint is now off-white and it has red lightbars. The car was upgraded between the events in The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters. The back of the Ecto-1 has a pullout ramp for Garrett Miller, the latest upgrade. During the Kahlil incident, Garrett used a periscope in the rear to scan the area for P.K.E. readings.
Still after many years of use, it seems that the Ghostbusters are still making monthly payments on Ecto-1. It gets repossessed in A Temporary Insanity when Janine Melnitz sends in checks that bounced.
After the Ghostbusters captured the Squisher ghost in Central Park, Winston returned to the Ecto's driver's seat and answered Janine's hail on the radio.
- Pamela Hickey and Dennys McCoy wanted to outfit Ecto-1 with new add-ons all the time. They were influenced by George Barris, the famous car customizer. 
- Ecto-1 has accumulated years of ectoplasmic residue. 
- Winston wanted to use the inheritance won by staying at Heck House for one night towards a purchase of a quantum chamber for Ecto-1. 
- On the subscription cover of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #16, Ecto-1 makes a non-canon cameo.
- On page 8 of Ghostbusters International #8, Ecto-1's CB radio and dashboard are based on how they appeared in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Killerwatt"
- On page 383 of Ghostbusters: Interdimensional Cross-Rip, Ecto-1 from both The Real Ghostbusters and Extreme Ghostbusters appears.
- Ecto-1 was mentioned in Roland's bio in the 32nd Crossing Over Virtual Trading Card, released on June 7, 2018. 
- Ghostbusters Get Real
- Ongoing Series
- Volume 3
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Follow That Hearse" (1988) (DVD ts. 02:19-02:22). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "This is it, the year Ecto's gonna win the Classic Car Show."
- ↑ Grand Prix Announcer (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Afterlife in the Fast Lane" (1990) (DVD ts. 02:21-02:27). Time Life Entertainment. Announcer says: "And last but certainly not least, Winston Zeddemore in the venerable Ecto-1 which has been specially souped up for this event."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "I Am the City" (1987) (DVD ts. 10:28-10:30). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "The Di-Variable Universal is jammed but I can fix it."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Killerwatt" (1986) (DVD ts. 14:35-14:36). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "Raise the Ecto-Scope!"
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "The Headless Motorcyclist" (1987) (DVD ts. 17:36-17:41). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "I turned on the psycho dampeners. As long as you stay in the car, the ghost won't be able to detect your presence."
- ↑ Lofficier, Randy (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Volume Two Disc Five, p. 37. CPT Holdings, Inc.
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Janine's Day Off" (1987) (DVD ts. 13:48-13:50). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "And it'll be a good test for the new hydraulic bumper I installed."
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Two Faces of Slimer" (1987) (DVD ts. 09:24-09:27). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "I've added a few things to old Ecto for something just like this."
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Halloween II 1/2" (1987) (DVD ts. 08:54-08:57). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "Hold on, everybody. I've only tested this Proton Cannon once."
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Big Trouble With Little Slimer" (1987) (DVD ts. 15:57-15:59). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "No problem, Janine. We'll use the Jet Jumper."
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Big Trouble With Little Slimer" (1987) (DVD ts. 16:01-16:03). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "Yeah, it cleared five feet."
- ↑ Kestrel (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "If I Were a Witch Man" (1989) (DVD ts. 19:25-19:28). Time Life Entertainment. Kestrel says: "47 and 53."
- ↑ Pamela Hickey and Dennys McCoy (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Halloween II 1/2 " (1987) Visual Commentary (DVD ts. 09:29-10:10). Time Life Entertainment.
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Something's Going Around" (1989) (DVD ts. 13:03-13:08). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "Must be the years of ectoplasmic residue."
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Haunting of Heck House" (1990) (DVD ts. 05:44-05:46). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "We could buy Ecto a quantum chamber!"
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 6/7/18