Ecto-Cooler was an Orange-tangerine flavored drink color changed to green by Hi C. It featured an image of Slimer from The Real Ghostbusters, however it was somewhat also promoted as a Ghostbusters II product. The drink did surprisingly well in some markets and continued way beyond The Real Ghostbusters run, and wasn't discountinued till 1997. Slimer left the box sometime around 1997, but Minute Maid did not discontinue the product until 2001, at which point it was renamed Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen. Slimer was replaced on the packaging by a similar-looking blob of lips. The product was still noted as ecto cool on many store receipts.
In 2006, Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen was renamed Crazy Citrus Cooler.
In 2007, Crazy Citrus Cooler was discontinued.
- On page 10 of Ghostbusters Issue #3, Slime-C, a variation on the Ecto-Cooler box appears on an advertisement.
- On page 12 of Ghostbusters Issue #14, Slime-C makes a cameo as one of the beverages for sale.
- On page 6 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #1, Slime-C makes a cameo in the refrigerator.
- On page 7 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #5, Slime-C makes a non-canon cameo on a partially cut off ad.
- On page 9 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #12, the Slime C makes a non-canon cameo on a Times Square ad on the left side.
- YouTube: Television Commercial (uploaded by "bluesteel97")
- YouTube: Television Commercial (uploaded by "moucat", RetroJunk logo on video)
- The Ghostbusters Chicago division fan franchise came up with a recipe that is said to taste like Ecto-Cooler. Because it is a fan created recipe, the wiki does not officially endorse it.