Ecto Cooler is an Orange-tangerine (noted as citrus on previous version) flavored drink color changed to green by Hi-C.
In 1989, HI-C released a new flavor fruit drink featuring a image of Slimer from The Real Ghostbusters called "Ecto Cooler". It was a repurpose of a Hi-C's “Citrus Cooler”, which had been around since the 60's It is notable that Ecto Cooler was made in light of Ghostbusters II, which was in theaters when released. The drink did surprisingly well in some markets and continued way beyond The Real Ghostbusters run, and wasn't discontinued till 1997. Slimer left the box sometime around 1997, but Minute Maid did not discontinue the product until 2001, at which point it was renamed Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen. Slimer was replaced on the packaging by a similar-looking blob of lips. The product was still noted as ecto cool on many store receipts.During the Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen era the formula was changed along with the rest of the line of HI-C drinks to a "Won't Stain" formula. While it didn't taste any different, it did change to a yellowish green.
Relaunch in 2016Edit
On September 15, 2015, Coca-Cola filed to renew the Ecto Cooler trademark.  Then appearing on eBay on February 18, 2016 was a prototype can. The new can did not feature the iconic Slimer, but notes the 2016 film and has a green slime motif.
On April 25, 2016, it was announced Ecto Cooler would be available for a limited time beginning on May 30. It will be sold in packs of 6-ounce juice boxes or 11.5-ounce aluminum cans. The cans are specially printed using thermal ink that turns an eerie shade of slime green when the product inside is cold. There will be a contest held up until May 30. Fans can enter for a chance to win it before it is available for purchase. Fans were instructed follow @Ectocooler on Twitter and Ecto Cooler on Facebook.  It will be sold exclusively in the United States of America. 
On May 30, 2016, it was reported ads for Ecto Cooler were seen in a movie theater. 
On November 2, 2016, it was announced that Ecto Cooler was going to be discontinued by December 2016.
- On page 10 of Ghostbusters Issue #3, Slime-C, a variation on the Ecto Cooler box appears on an advertisement.
- On page 12 of Ghostbusters Issue #14, Slime-C makes a cameo as one of the beverages for sale.
- On page 6 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #1, Slime-C makes a cameo in the refrigerator.
- On page 7 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #5, Slime-C makes a non-canon cameo on a partially cut off ad.
- On page 9 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #12, the Slime C makes a non-canon cameo on a Times Square ad on the left side.
- On page 17 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #2, in panel 3, behind Egon Spengler is an Ecto Cooler can.
- Ecto Cooler has appeared, or been mentioned, numerous times in The Goldbergs television series.
- On page 18 of Ghostbusters International #7, the Ecto Cooler makes a non-canon cameo on top of the stack of boxes in panel 4.
- On page 1 of Ghostbusters International #8, in panel 3 and 5, atop the console, is a can of the 2016 Ecto Cooler.
- On page 4 of Ghostbusters International #8, in the upper left corner, the tray of Ecto Cooler cans is once again atop a box of Cracker Jacques.
- Official Website
- Official Facebook
- Official Twitter
- YouTube: Television Commercial (uploaded by "bluesteel97")
- YouTube: Television Commercial (uploaded by "moucat", RetroJunk logo on video)
- The Ghostbusters Chicago division fan franchise came up with a recipe that is said to taste like Ecto Cooler. Because it is a fan created recipe, the wiki does not officially endorse it.
- Archived Timeline Listings of "Shoutin' Orange Tangergreen" from Minutemaid.com, archived by Internet Archive Wayback Machine: Aug. 09, 2002, Dec. 04, 2004,Dec. 17, 2004, Mar. 17, 2006
- Archived Timeline Listings of "Crazy Citrus Cooler" from Minutemaid.com, archived by Internet Archive Wayback Machine: Apr. 30, 2006, Dec. 18, 2006.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Retro Junk article
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 X-Entertainment: The Ecto Cooler Bible
- ↑ Comic Book "Coca-Cola Files to Renew the Ecto-Cooler Trademark" 11/27/15
- ↑ "It's official! Hi-C Ecto Cooler set to return this summer!" 4/25/16
- ↑ Ghostbusters News "Hi-C Ecto Cooler will be exclusive to the United States" 4/25/16
- ↑ DinosaurDracula Tweet 5/30/16
- ↑ Ecto Cooler Official Facebook- "RIP Ecto Cooler Reboot, May 2016 - Dec 2016"