Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Specifics: Ghostbusters International|
Often seen on Ray Stantz' belt, the Ecto Goggles are designed to allow the wearer to see invisible ghosts and visually track P.K.E. valences. The Ecto Goggles first appeared in the Sedgewick Hotel on the Ghostbusters' first case and were mainly worn by Ray. Egon and Peter did however wear them briefly in the montage.
The Ecto Goggles are worn a few times by Ray. They are used by Ray when he and Peter Venkman go on a stakeout to catch the Jogger Ghost. Ray hung his Ecto Goggles with a Trap on the right side of his Pistol Belt when the Ghostbusters filmed their new commercial, when they investigated the Manhattan Museum of Art, and when they arrived at the museum on New Year's Eve.
Ghostbusters: The Video GameEdit
During the Shandor incident on the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, the Ecto-Goggles (also called Paragoggles; the two names seem interchangeable) serve a much more prominent role in the tracking and capture of ectoplasmic entities. Each one of the Ghostbusters, (even Winston) can be seen wearing and using the goggles at some point in time. During cases, the P.K.E. Meter and the Ecto-Goggles work in concert to track and display P.K. Energy and Ectoplasmic phenomena in a way that is visually comprehensible and easy to understand; even for a Rookie.
Secondary Canon HistoryEdit
Ray and Rookie are often the only Ghostbusters wearing the Ecto Goggles. During the Marie Laveau II case, Winston used a pair. In search of a Class 7 on the East Side, the Ghostbusters came upon the Emmanuel Baptist Church but were locked out. They opted to blow a hole in the building. As a precautionary measure, Ray tried out his Ecto Goggles' new thermal imaging feature and checked if it was all clear on the other side. He later examined Donatello with the goggles on. A new type was employed in the initial encounter with the Sandman. The Ghostbusters employed a new type of Ecto Goggles, equipped with night vision, while on Poveglia.
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of SlimeEdit
Ray wears a pair of Ecto Goggles while he and the team trap the 9.5th ghost in a row due to supernatural activity caused by the Relic of Nilhe.
Ghostbusters: The RPGEdit
In the roleplaying game released by West End games, the Ecto Goggles are also said to have infrared Night Vision capabilities.
- In Ghostbusters II, during a deleted scene, Ray uses them to analyze the slime covered Manhattan Museum of Art.
- Winston Zeddemore is the only Ghostbuster not to wear the Ecto Goggles in the movies.
- On the Convention Cover of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #1, the Ecto Goggles makes a cameo on Ray but does not appear in the issue itself.
- The Ecto-Goggles used in Ghostbusters Annual 2015 are visually based on Kenner's Ecto-Popper and Ecto-Goggles toy.
- On page 8, in the Ecto-Goggle POV, one of the readings is "1989 MHz" - a possible nod to Ghostbusters II, which released in 1989.
- In Ghostbusters International #3, on page 2, the goggles worn by the Ghostbusters appear to be partly based on the set seen in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Stylized Portable Version.
- In Ghostbusters International #3, page 6, in panel 3, on the drawer cabinet Janine pulls from, the label ends with 013335 which was the reading on Ray's Ecto Goggles when he sighted Slimer in the Sedgewick Hotel's ballroom.
Secondary Canon AppearancesEdit
- 88MPH Studios
- Ghost Busted (manga)
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- IDW Comics
- "The Other Side 1"
- "The Other Side 4"
- "Displaced Aggression 1"
- "Displaced Aggression 2"
- "Displaced Aggression 3"
- "Displaced Aggression 4"
- "Tainted Love"
- "What in Samhain Just Happened?"
- "Ghostbusters: Infestation 1"
- Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #5
- Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #6
- Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #7
- Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #8
- Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #10
- Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #12
- Ghostbusters Volume 1 Issue #13
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #5
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #7
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #8
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #13
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #15
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #16
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #17
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #18
- Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #20
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ghostbusters
- Ghostbusters Annual 2015
- "Daydreams and Nightmares!"
- Ghostbusters International #1
- Ghostbusters International #3
- Ghostbusters International #4
- Haunted America Case File only
- Ghostbusters International #6
- Ghostbusters International #7
- "Times Scare!"
- The X-Files: Conspiracy: Ghostbusters
- Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime