|Appeared in||The Real Ghostbusters,|
Ecto Goggles (also known as Ecto-Scopes ) in the animated series Real Ghostbusters serve the basic same function as they did in the movie, as visual P.K.E. Meter. There are also two other devices that seem to act much like the Ecto Goggles which are the Ecto-Visors and the Helmet Ecto Goggles (likely made so the ABC censors would be happy in episode "Ghosts R Us").
The Real GhostbustersEdit
A frequency adjustment was required for other entities that are normally invisible, such as the Imps imprisoned in Gaylord's Joke Shop. Around the time when the Ghostbusters were hired to deal with Black Bart in Spittoon, Texas, the Ecto Goggles were upgraded with new fiber optic force field lens.  This allowed them to pinpoint the location of the Spectral Well beneath the town.
Like most equipment used later in Extreme Ghostbusters, it appears the Ecto Goggles were also upgraded as late as just before the Extreme Ghostbusters were founded in 1997. There are three straps instead of two, the left lens stalk next to it now has what appears to have a mini scope next to it, the right lens stalk became very short, and both right and left bases are different. Egon used a pair to examine Mesopotamian inscriptions on a tablet about Achira. Roland Jackson briefly used a pair to scan the area near a diner where an employee named Jimmy was kidnapped from. However, he didn't pick up any readings.
- "Janine's Genie"
- "Beneath These Streets"
- "The Ghostbusters in Paris"
- "Egon's Ghost"
- "Dairy Farm"
- "The Joke's on Ray"
- "Future Tense"
- "Janine, You've Changed"
- "You Can't Teach an Old Demon New Tricks"
- "The Magnificent Five"
- ECTO Goggles came with ECTO Popper in Weapon Action Figure Toys 4
- ↑ Janine Melnitz, Ray Stantz (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- Janine, You've Changed (1990) (DVD ts. 7:12-7:15). Time Life Entertainment. Janine says: "Well, you're wearing your Ecto-Scopes."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters- "The Magnificent Five" (1990) (DVD ts. 13:03-13:06). Time Life Entertainment.
The Real Ghostbusters DesignEdit