The Experimental Space Platform Galileo the base of a space crew trying to set a new space endurance record.
In the 1980s, Experimental Space Platform Galileo was launched into geosynchronous orbit around Earth for a five year mission. Led by Captain Ivan Kirov, the crew was dedicating to set a new space endurance record. The Galileo's main power source were solar energy converters. However, it became a target of a unique entity dubbed "The Creature." Obsessed with feeding on power, the entity began to drain power from the solar energy converters. It was only a matter of time before it moved on to emergency power, gravity, and life support systems. Kirov hired the Ghostbusters to save the platform.
Lieutenant Commander McTavish journeyed outside and disconnected the platform's solar panels. Without a viable power source, the Creature was lured by the Ghostbusters' Proton Streams. They drew it out to the center of the platform and trapped it. The crew formerly invited the Ghostbusters to visit them again. It is unknown if they took them up on the offer or if the mission was completed.
- The name of the experimental space platform, "Galileo," is a reference to the shuttlecraft Galileo assigned to the USS Enterprise from "Star Trek".
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters Issue #11, the interior of the Galileo and its crew makes a non-canon cameo on the telvision screen reenacting a scene from "Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan".
- On page 18 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #1, the platform makes a non-canon cameo on the middle arcade and screen.
- On page 11 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #3, the Galileo makes a non-canon cameo on the title bar of the arcade in the middle. The image on the screen is the opening shot of the episode, the Galileo Platform in space.
- On page 16 of Ghostbusters International #10, the Galileo makes a non-canon cameo on the title bar of the arcade in the middle. The screen is set to the scene when Captain Kirov states his crew is in good spirits as he records his captain's log at the beginning of the episode.