Note that this is a different canon from the previous 1984 and 1989 films. That version Firehouse is covered here.
|Specifics: This is for Ghostbusters 101|
The Firehouse was a location considered for a headquarters in the 2016 movie. It eventually became their headquarters after saving the city from Rowan.
As the women were looking for a new place for operations by means of a Rental Agent, she introduced them to the Firehouse. However, after Erin asked about monthly rent, which turned out to be $21,000 a month, they ended up picking a much more budget friendly location.
After saving the city from Rowan, the Ghostbusters were finally able to, with government funding, move from the Chinese Restaurant into the Firehouse. Once settled in, they quickly began setting up a lab.
Abby got a call from Patty informing her she and Holtzmann failed to trap a ghost again even after being gone for awhile. Abby reiterated she wanted at least a Class 5 captured for study and requested Holtzmann stop blowing ghosts and cars up. Erin was mostly distracted by Kevin, who was dancing around in a broccoli outfit. Abby asked him to practice in the other room. Concerned with recent P.K.E. readings, Abby was adamant about being prepared to save the world again and started consulting the usual research materials.
- On page 19 of Ghostbusters 101 #1:
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters 101 #1:
- In panel 3, on the table are:
- In the upper left, is Kevin's drawing of a female ghost logo from Chapter 5
- In the upper left, above Kevin's drawing, on a post-it note is Kevin's hot dog logo from Chapter 5.
- Above Rowan North's sketch, is a little blue paper - it is the faux cover of Kemp's Spectral Field Guide
- Below the faux cover is Rowan's sketch of the Ghostbusters' No Ghost logo seen in Chapter 9 of the 2016 movie
- Right of Rowan's sketch, the book Abby looks at features pages from two different books.
- The left page is the excerpt about vengeful spirits in "Ghosts from Our Past: Both Literally and Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal" seen in Chapter 13 of the 2016 movie. It was opposite of the drawing of Rowan electrocuting himself.
- The right page is page 48 from Three Rivers Press' "Ghosts From Our Past" that talks about when "X-Files" premiered during Abby and Erin's undergraduate years.
- Above Abby's book is a stack of three copies of "Ghosts From Our Past"
- The post-it note on the bottom of the stack has the note "Check with Paul" - a nod to director/co-writer of the 2016 movie Paul Feig who also consulted on Three Rivers Press' "Ghosts From Our Past"
- The post-it notes on top of the stack are a nod to Abby's discount price labels "Now 5.99" and "Special! Going like Hotcakes" seen in her lab at Kenneth P. Higgins Institute.
- Right of the three copies of "Ghosts From Our Past" is the headgear Holtzmann wore at the end of the last chapter of the 2016 movie in the Firehouse.
- Right of the headgear is a copy of "Mushroom and The Cross" obscured by Abby's word balloon. It was a book from 1970 by John Marco Allegro that centered on the linguistics of early Christianity and fertility cults in the Ancient Near East and psychedelic cult practices like ingesting magic mushrooms.
- Right and below "Mushroom and The Cross" is a copy of "Kemp's Spectral Field Guide." The front cover is in the style of "Tobin's Spirit Guide" and sports a capital K.
- Right of Kemp's is the photograph of Abby and Erin at their high school fair, seen in Chapter 8 of the Extended Edition and deleted scenes of the 2016 movie.
- Above the photograph, obscured by Erin's word balloon, is a copy of "A Demonology of History" from 1987 by Eustace Mullins. It discussed the role of Satan in historical events.
- The book near Erin are pages 6 to 7 of the "Who You Gonna Call?" novelization of the 2016 movie.
- On top of "A Demonology of History" is Abby's "If You See Something..." fliers from Chapter 5 of the 2016 movie.
- To the right of the flier is the photographs of the Rivera Ballroom and staff of the Mercado Hotel from the company website seen in Chapter 12 the 2016 movie when Patty identified Rowan.
- Below the Mercado photographs are the Ley Lines: of North America maps from the 2016 movie.
- Left of the Ley Line map is a copy of "The Witness of the Stars" from 1893 by E.W. Bullinger. It theorized constellations, especially signs of the Zodiac, are a perversion of the 12 signs known as Mazzaroth by God in the Book of Job intended as a set of three heavenly books about God's plan for mankind's redemption. It integrated Hebrew and Greek, ancient astronomy, and current scientific data at the time.
- Below the Ley Lines map pages, is the catalog card for Erin and Abby's second book "A Glimpse Into The Unknown" posted online on July 19, 2016.
- Left of "The Witness of the Stars" is the Upper West Blooms business card given to Abby by Agent Hawkins in Chapter 11 of the 2016 movie.
- Under "The Witness of the Stars" and the Ley Line map are two drawings from Rowan's cork board in Chapter 5 of the Extended Edition 2016 movie.
- In panel 3, on the table are:
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters 101 #1, in panel 4, behind Abby is a takeout container of Zhu's Authentic Hong Kong Food's wonton soup from the 2016 movie.