Fright Feature Figure: Egon Spengler an action figure which is part of Kenners The Real Ghostbusters Toy Line's Fright Feature set. Based loosely off The Real Ghostbusters animated series Egon Spengler.
The Fright Feature group also included Peter, Ray, Winston, and Janine (released shortly after the other four figures). Later, Kenner also released "Green Ghost with Proton Pack", which had similar mechanic fright ability.
with Terror Tweezer Weapon
and Soar Throat Ghost
Front of Card NotesEdit
Neck Rises! Jaw Drops! Tie Pops Up!
Back of Card InstructionEdit
1. To activate Fright Features press the left arm of figure to the body.
2. Slide Terror Tweezer Weapon onto right arm as shown.
3. The Terror Tweezer Weapon can be opened to hold Sour Throat Ghost.
4. The Soar Throat Ghost bites Hero Figure's hands.
Description from Action Toy Guide 1988:
One look at these guys and you'll know there's a ghost around! Squeeze his arm and each of The Real Ghostbusters Heroes gets his own scared look.
Description from Action Toy Guide 1989:
There's a special surprise feature in each hero. All have flashy outfits, a weapon and companion ghost.
- American Line: Standard version.
- Canada Line: Standard version.
- Brazilian Line: Logo altered like rest of line.
- Argentina Line: Soar Throat Ghost are solid purple color and the Terror Tweezer Weapon is green.
- UK Line: Standard version.
- French/Dutch Line: Standard version.
- German Line: Standard version.
- Italian Line: Standard version.
- The necktie on this toy was fragile, and often broke off easily. It is far more common today to find this figure without a tie than with one.
- The Fright Feature set is the most common of the Kenner Real Ghostbusters line. It was made in all eight major markets.
- The set was also the only version of the Ghostbusters heroes to be reprinted in the Brazilian Caça-Fantasmas Toy Line.
- On pages three to five of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #16, the Fright Features Egon design is used as the look of the future version of Egon.
- On page 15 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #18, a Fright Features Egon makes a non-canon cameo on the shelf above Peter.
- In Ghostbusters Annual 2017, on page 44, in panel 2, the Fright Feature Figure: Egon Spengler's Terror Tweezer is standing up to Pagan's left.