Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Genie  is a ghost who was imprisoned in a lamp with his siblings.
The Genie is freed when Janine is given the lamp as payment for capturing a ghost and offers to grant her three wishes. Janine doesn't believe him until she carelessly wishes to be the boss of the Ghostbusters. Her wish is granted and she then wishes Egon would go crazy over everything she did. However, when the Genie was freed, this allowed him to free his brothers and sisters.  Janine attempted to make her third and final wish to be that the ghosts were gone, but the Genie then revealed himself to be one of the ghosts. He was defeated when the lamp was used in a reverse way, acting like a powerful ghost trap and sucking in all the ghosts. At this point, the Genie's true form was revealed, that of a pig-like creature. After the Genie and his siblings were sucked in, the lamp exploded.
He looks to be a short caucasian man with a white turbin, goggles, pok-a-dot shirt, and red tie.
He transforms into a large version of the genie with a large body. Very thick looking man. He looked like this around the other ghosts.
He turned into a red-orange round pig like creature, with glowing eyes. He turned like this when confronted by Janine at the end of the episode. The pig design may be in reference to the character Jodie from the original 1979 Amityville Horror movie.
- In The Real Ghostbusters' "The Grundel", Egon flips past an entry of the Genie while researching the Grundel. The image included is of the Genie's Final Form.
- On page five of Ghostbusters Issue #6, several Genie dolls can be see in the Fantastic Land stand.
- On page two of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Issue #4, the Genie's lamp makes a non-canon cameo on the filing cabinet behind Janine.
- On page 2 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #4, in panel 4, the Genie's lamp makes a non-canon cameo on top of the office drawers once again.
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Janine's Genie" (1986) (DVD ts. 04:40-04:42). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "Better not rub it. A Genie might pop out."
- ↑ Genie (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Janine's Genie" (1986) (DVD ts. 06:58-07:04). Time Life Entertainment. Genie says: "Brothers and sisters, the gateway is open and vacation begins!"