Ghost Balloons were a group of ghosts of balloons that were in Macy's parades. They appeared in the 2016 movie.
Three of the four Ghostbusters (Patty, Abby, and Jillian) where heading by foot to Times Square to get Kevin back when they encountered a ghost parade. Jillian made eye contact with the Captain Nemo ghost balloon and then all the balloons came down the street to get them. They blasted all, but the Stay Puft one that landed on them. Erin arrived and popped the Stay Puft ghost balloon with a Swiss Army Knife.
Other than "Huge funny face" and "Stay Puft" the rest are named as they were in real life. "Huge funny face" was likely part of the "15 huge funny face balloons" in the 1930 parade.
- Two acrobats
- Huge funny face
- Captain Nemo
- Harold the Clown
- Stay Puft Ghost Balloon
- The Ghostbusters encounter the haunted Thanksgiving Day parade on West 38th Street and 6th Avenue.
- The majority of the possessed balloons are based on actual balloons from past Macy's Thanksgiving Day parades.
- The Haunted Parade Float scene was filmed at the Franklin and Federal Street intersection in Boston evidenced by the Fidelity Investments logo on the building to the right in one shot.
- ↑ Robert M. Grippo, Christopher Hoskins (October 25, 2004). Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, p. 18-19. Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina USA, ISBN 0738535621.
- ↑ API Thanksgiving Floats image
- ↑ Gawker Mama, Papa, and Baby float
- ↑ Gawker "A Visual History of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Balloons
- ↑ Dragon float image reference
- ↑ Daily News Two Acroboats float image
- ↑ Pinocchio float image from blogspot
- ↑ Wired Harold the Clown float image