Ghost Corps is a production company formed in March 2015 to expand the Ghostbusters franchise.
On March 9, 2015, it was reported the Ghost Corps production company was formed within Sony Pictures. Principals include Ivan Reitman, Dan Aykroyd, Reitman's longtime Montecito partner Tom Pollock, Ali Bell and Alex Plapinger, and Sony. Ghost Corps would be tasked with new branding opportunities for Ghostbusters in ways that will include different films, TV shows, and merchandise. Reitman commented the movie was born out of an idea for an expanded universe that was part of the franchise Bible put together when the first film was being done in 1984. 
On July 6, 2016, in an interview, Ivan Reitman appeared to allude to what led to the formation of Ghost Corps. No Ghostbusters movies could be done in the past 20 or so years without unanimous approval from Reitman, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Bill Murray. When work resumed on trying to get a third movie done in the early 2010s, the plan was for Sony to pay for a draft and it would get made. It didn't happen. A business deal was done and Sony bought ultimate control of Ghostbusters. Reitman felt there was a future for Ghostbusters to expand into other movies and avenues. Once the deal was finished, Sony was then free to solicit pitches from other filmmakers. 
On July 14, 2016, Ivan Reitman confirmed the transfer of rights and formation of Ghost Corps was prior to the 2016 movie being greenlit. 
On October 29, 2015, a photo of the Ghost Corps office was posted online. 
On November 19, 2015, another photo of the Ghost Corps office's Firehouse exterior was posted online. 
On December 12, 2015, an album of photos taken during construction of the office was posted. 
On December 15, 2015, a photo of the main office interior was posted. Several merchandise is on display such as the Ghostbusters: The Board Game and Ghostbusters Get Real #1 to Ghostbusters Get Real #4. Framed posters of the two movies are separated by a mounted head of a Terror Dog. 
In early 2016, Ghost Corps started accepting applications from fan franchises and individuals via a form on their Facebook page.  Those who registered would receive a small "Ghost Corps Cadet" pin in the mail.  Franchises would also receive a certificate, personally signed by Ivan Reitman.  
List of Confirmed Films
List of Confirmed Television Series
Ghostbusters: Ecto Force
See Ghostbusters: Ecto Force article
On July 15, 2015, in a summary about the Ghostbusters panel from San Diego Comic Con, Tom Waltz cited Erik Burnham and Dan Schoening's run on Ghostbusters as a possible inspiration for Aykroyd and Reitman's Ghost Corps.
On August 7, 2015, in an interview, when asked about making a cameo as a ghost, Dan Aykroyd indirectly mentioned other films saying, "I'd have loved to play a ghost in the movie but...ah...maybe in one of the future ones being done I might be able to play a ghost." 
On April 28, 2016, Paul Feig revealed there are talks of how to connect the 2016 movie to the original movies. 
On July 11, 2016, in an interview last week, Ivan Reitman stated much of what Ghost Corps will do with Ghostbusters is 'up in the air.' Whether or not all of the current and potential properties will be in a shared universe has not been absolutely decided yet. Reitman admitted he thinks "some kind of continuity and some kind of relationship should be created, and we're working on that." The decision was always going to be made after the 2016 movie came out and reaffirmed there are a number of things already in the works. 
On July 15, 2016, Ivan Reitman mentioned other announcements are coming soon. 
On July 17, 2016, Josh Greenstein, Sony's marketing and distribution chief, stated, "There absolutely will be more [films]."  In an interview, Ivan Reitman admitted he and Aykroyd talked about mining some ideas for future projects from the Ghost Smashers script but couldn't find his copy of it and nor could Aykroyd find his. They went to CAA and spoke to a mutual lawyer who read a draft and confirmed "It was in outer space and there were lots of different Ghostbusters." 
List of Reported Films
Untitled Second Film
On March 9, 2015, it was reported a second Ghostbusters film was in the works. Joe and Anthony Russo are looking to direct and produce but aren't confirmed, Drew Pearce will write and Channing Tatum, Reid Carolin, and Peter Kiernan were attached to produce with hope Tatum will play one of the Ghostbusters. The broad plan is to have the Russo brothers film in summer 2016 and the movie would release in 2017.  It was clarified the team was not going to be all-male and the movie is not "guy-centric." First of all, this new Ghostbusters movie isn't all-male. It isn't 'guy-centric.' The concept of the movie is influenced by the chemistry between real-life friends Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt and their desire to make this movie together. The movie will be complementary to the Paul Feig film. Both would be part of a shared universe and not be two franchises running in tandem. 
On March 14, 2015, Drew Pearce confirmed he was writing the script. 
On May 18, 2015, the June 2015 GQ cover story with Chris Pratt was posted online. In it Pratt denied any involvement in the film and claimed no one ever spoke to him about it. 
On June 23, 2015, Channing Tatum confirmed Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd are involved but admitted the movie is still up in the air and still in a gestation period. 
On June 25, 2015, Reid Carolin, Tatum's producing partner and screenwriter on both "Magic Mike" films, revealed the movie is not going to be done. Carolin stated, "We’re not doing that anymore" and "There's a lot of things going on with that brand and I just feel like it's over-saturated." 
On July 24, 2015, Drew Pearce revealed the first draft he turned in included his idea that gave ability to connect every movie. He clarified his work on Ghostbusters is done and he's doing a new project. 
On July 29, 2015, Drew Pearce confirmed he finished his work in the last couple weeks.  Pearce later clarified that he only wrote a bible. There is no script yet.  The team has both men and women. And, Pearce also teases 'ghosts of all classes I-VII.' 
On March 17, 2016, Joe Russo clarified there was a point when both Paul Feig and the Russo Brothers were in talks with Sony. Feig was further along and closed his deal first. Once the Russo Brothers signed on for the two Avengers: Infinity War movies, it took them off the table for any potential work on Ghostbusters. 
On April 28, 2016, it was reported in the EMPIRE June 2016 issue, Ivan Reitman commented this was a 'futuristic film' and 'involved different teams of Ghostbusters.' He confirmed it was on hold but concluded 'we'll see what happens with that.' 
On July 11, 2016, in an interview last week, Ivan Reitman stated the Pratt-Tatum rumors were false. Reitman never met with Pratt nor Tatum and there is no script. Pearce did a 30 page treatment that was later abandoned. One of the actors' managers expressed interest. Conspiracy and rumor spread online. 
Third Film Crossover
On March 9, 2015, it was reported there is hope both the Feig and Russo films would cross over in a third film like "Marvel's The Avengers." The shared universe continuity would become clear in this team-up film. 
Fourth Film Prequel
On March 9, 2015, it was reported there was also a prequel film being planned. It would take place before the Feig and Russo films. It won't have anything to do with the original Ghostbusters. 
On April 28, 2016, it was reported in the EMPIRE June 2016 issue, Ivan Reitman commented there was another yet-to-be announced live-action film which is "coming along really well" 
On July 14, 2016, Ivan Reitman confirmed the movie is in the middle of being written and will probably have both men and women on the team. 
On October 1, 2015, it was reported an animated film was in the works. The story followed a similar premise as the original movies. Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock would allegedly produce it through their Montecito Picture Company, with Ali Bell and Kristine Belson overseeing for Sony Pictures Animation. 
On March 8, 2016, it was reported Fletcher Moules will direct. 
On April 28, 2016, it was reported in the EMPIRE June 2016 issue, Ivan Reitman would co-direct. 
On July 14, 2016, Ivan Reitman confirmed the movie is in the middle of being written. 
On July 15, 2016, it was reported the animated movie will be from the perspective of a ghost. 
- ↑ Deadline "Sony Plans New 'Ghostbusters' Film With Russo Brothers, Channing Tatum & 'IM3' Scribe Drew Pearce" 3/9/15
- ↑ Rolling Stone "Ivan Reitman: Why We're Still Talking About 'Ghostbusters' 30 Years Later" 7/6/16Ivan Reitman says: "The interesting business side of the whole thing was that Aykroyd, Ramis, Murray, and myself really owned control of the movie. Nothing could be done without our unanimous approval. It's probably one of the reasons that nothing got done for 20 years. Trying to get unanimity among four very creative and individualistic people is frankly impossible. We just let it go until we started working on the [new film]. It was done because the studio decided they would try to entice us into it by paying for a draft and hoping that we would get it done. What I tried to do was make a business deal in which we all gave up this ultimate control and sold it to the studio so that they could continue. I always felt that there was a future for Ghostbusters. It's such a wonderful idea and there was an opportunity for it to expand into other films and into other things ... Once that happened, the studio was open to other filmmakers trying to make it."
- ↑ Vulture "Ivan Reitman on Bill Murray, Internet Trolls, and Why He Fought for the Ghostbusters Reboot" 7/14/16 Ivan Reitman says: "No. Prior to this movie getting green-lit, I made a deal on our behalf in which the creators would be enriched for the rest of our lives, and for the rest of our children's lives, and transferred the rights to Columbia. Danny and I set up a company called Ghost Corps, whose idea was not only to make this film, the Paul Feig movie, but to use the Ghostbusters ideas and expand it and find out what else it could do to help Columbia and Sony in the future."
- ↑ Ghostbusters.net Youtube "Ghostbusters (2016) Ecto-1 and Ghostbusters (1984) Ecto-1 Meet Outside Ghost Corps HQ" Runtime 24 seconds 10/28/15
- ↑ instagram user Jeff Ferguson 10/29/15
- ↑ instagram user sarajbenincasa 11/19/15
- ↑ Ghost Corps Facebook 12/12/15
- ↑ Ghost Corps Facebook 12/13/15
- ↑ Ghost Corps Facebook "Ecto-1" album 12/13/15
- ↑ Ghost Corps Facebook 12/15/15
- ↑ Ghost Corps Franchise Registration Form
- ↑ Spook Central: Spook Central Is Now Ghost Corps Registered 5/17/2016
- ↑ Ghost Corps Facebook 3/11/2016]
- ↑ GBNJ.net Facebook: Ghost Corps Certificate Photo (3/3/2016)
- ↑ The Independent 6/5/15
- ↑ Radio Times 6/5/15
- ↑ Pedestrian TV Interview 1:29-1:34 8/7/15
- ↑ Cinema Blend "Could The Original And Reboot Ghostbusters Teams Eventually Meet? Here's What Paul Feig Says" 4/28/16 Paul Feig says: "I think they're trying to figure out how to connect the old one with this. I'd like, if it's a multiverse, something to base off this universe that we’re going right now."
- ↑ io9 "The Ghostbusters Franchise May Be 'Endless,' But It's All Still Very Much In Flux" 7/11/16 Ivan Reitman says: "We haven’t absolutely decided...I do think some kind of continuity and some kind of relationship should be created, and we’re working on that...We wanted to get the movie out first, and then we have a number of things that are in the works already."
- ↑ Fortune "The Original 'Ghostbusters' Director Loves the Remake. Here's Why 7/15/16 Line reads: "Reitman's Ghost Corps also is developing a TV show called Ecto Force, based on the movie. "[It] is something we wanted to get going to keep the Ghostbusters idea alive between features," he said, adding other announcements are coming."
- ↑ Variety "Box Office: ‘Ghostbusters’ Debuts to $46 Million, ‘Secret Life of Pets’ Tops Charts" 7/17/16 Josh Greenstein says: "There absolutely will be more [films]. This is a restart of one of our most important brands."
- ↑ Hitfix "Our epic interview with Ivan Reitman looks to the past and the future for Ghostbusters" 7/17/16 Ivan Reitman says: "We talked about it. But Aykroyd's original 70 or 80 page thing is missing...It’s sad. I was looking for it in my archives and I couldn't find it, and I said, 'Danny, I can't find it. Do you have it?' And he said, 'I got it. I got it somewhere.' He comes back a month later, and he says, 'I checked, I checked the big bin. I couldn't find it.' And I said, 'Jesus, how did we lose it?'...I went to see if CAA had it because that was the agency that represented both of us, and it'd be great to look at it again because Dan and I remember it differently now. I said to him recently, 'It took place in outer space,' and he said, 'No it didn't.' I said, 'Yes, it did. It took place in outer space and there were lots of different Ghostbusters.' And I actually brought forth a couple of different men like our mutual lawyer who had read that early draft, and he said, 'It was in outer space and there were lots of different Ghostbusters.' So you see how all great mythologies get debated as time passes. But, yes, I do think there's a remarkable opportunity. Many of the things that we sort of talked about in the going into business story of the first movie will play out sooner than you'd expect."
- ↑ "Sony Plans New ‘Ghostbusters’ Film With Russo Brothers, Channing Tatum & ‘IM3? Scribe Drew Pearce" 3/9/15
- ↑ Badass Digest 3/9/15
- ↑ East Grinstead Online "EG’s Drew Pearce, Hollywood writer and director" 3/14/15
- ↑ GQ "Jurassic Pratt" 5/18/15
- ↑ Howard Stern "Howard Talks To Channing Tatum About Ghostbusters" 6/23/15
- ↑ Screen Rant "'Ghostbusters': Channing Tatum Spinoff Not Happening For Now" 6/25/15
- ↑ Nerd Report "Ghostbusters Spinoff Could Connect New And Original Ghostbusters" 7/24/15
- ↑ MTV News "That Other ‘Ghostbusters’ Is Totes Happening, And Guess Who They’re Gonna Call" 7/29/15
- ↑ mrdrewpearce Tweet #2 7/29/15
- ↑ mrdrewpearce Tweet #1 7/29/15
- ↑ Comic Book "Getting Ready For Avengers: Infinity War Took The Russos Away From Ghostbusters" 3/17/16 Joe Russo says: "There is no status with that for us. There was a period there when Paul Feig was engaging Sony in talks about Ghostbusters and we were also engaging them. He was further along with his process than we were and he closed his deal so that’s the only Ghostbusters world that’s being explored right now over at Sony. Once we took Infinity War it took us off the table for any kind of any potential work on a Ghostbusters project."
- ↑ Semlyen, Nick (2016). Empire Magazine Issue 324 June 2016, p. 59. Bauer Media Group, Harborough, Leicester, United Kingdom, ISBN 1234567890. Line reads: "There's what Reitman calls the "futuristic" film, to which the Russo Brothers were briefly attached and in which, rumours have swirled, Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt will star. ("A lot of stuff leaked out of here," Reitman frowns. "It involved different teams of Ghostbusters. It's on hold; we'll see what happens with that.")."
- ↑ io9 "The Ghostbusters Franchise May Be 'Endless,' But It's All Still Very Much In Flux" 7/11/16 Ivan Reitman says: "When we made the Ghost Corps deal, [Sony] started just speaking to a number of writers to have them pitch different Ghostbusters ideas. It was around the time that Paul Feig came in with his idea. I think there was a writer hired who spoke to the press way too much. He’d done a thirty page treatment that was later abandoned, but I think [the Pratt Tatum thing] was meant to be this approach. And I think one of the managers of one of those guys had mentioned an interest in one day doing something like that. And I think that got blown up into this conspiracy that the studio didn’t believe in the Paul Feig version. We were all in on the Paul Feig version. Although I think those guys would be great, it was never really contemplated."
- ↑ Badass Digest 3/9/15
- ↑ Badass Digest 3/9/15
- ↑ Semlyen, Nick (2016). Empire Magazine Issue 324 June 2016, p. 59. Bauer Media Group, Harborough, Leicester, United Kingdom, ISBN 0195145045. Line reads: "There's another, yet-to-be-announced live-action film, which is "coming along really well."."
- ↑ Vulture "Ivan Reitman on Bill Murray, Internet Trolls, and Why He Fought for the Ghostbusters Reboot" 7/14/16 Ivan Reitman says: "And we're in the middle of doing that right now...Probably both. They're being written."
- ↑ The Tracking Board "Ghostbusters Animated Feature In Development At Sony" 10/1/15
- ↑ The Hollywood Reporter "Ghostbusters Animated Movie Snares 'Clash of Clans' Commercial Director" 3/8/16
- ↑ Semlyen, Nick (2016). Empire Magazine Issue 324 June 2016, p. 59. Bauer Media Group, Harborough, Leicester, United Kingdom, ISBN 0195145045. Line reads: "There's an animated feature, which Reitman will co-direct."
- ↑ Vulture "Ivan Reitman on Bill Murray, Internet Trolls, and Why He Fought for the Ghostbusters Reboot" 7/14/16 Ivan Reitman says: "And we're in the middle of doing that right now...They're being written."
- ↑ Fortune "The Original 'Ghostbusters' Director Loves the Remake. Here's Why 7/15/16 Line reads: "There’s an animated Ghostbusters movie that will be told from the perspective of a ghost, and an animated TV series set in 2050 called Ghostbusters: Ecto Force, in development at Sony Pictures Animation."