Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When Ghostbusters was televised, a creative solution was used to edit the content, which took advantage of the improvisational nature of the original shoot. Rather than simply re-dub the film with cleaner lines of dialogue of roughly the same number of syllables, as is usually the case, the network was allowed to recut the film with alternate takes done on-set when the movie was in production. Since the movie's final rating was still being decided during principal photography, director Ivan Reitman had shot variations, many of which were completely G-rated.
- January 29, 1989
- Instead of the aggressive delivery of "We came, we saw, we kicked its ***!", Bill Murray utters a sardonic "What a knockabout of pure fun that was" as he exits the Sedgewick ballroom.
- Murray's angry jump to his feet on "You go get the court order, and I'll sue your *** for wrongful prosecution!" becomes a slower rise, with a deliberately irreverent "You go get the court order, and I'll sue your funny face for wrongful prosecution."
- Sigourney Weaver says, "Oh no" instead of "Oh ****" when she sees that her kitchen ghosts have returned.
- In the mayor's office, Dan Aykroyd's derogatory nickname for Walter Peck instead becomes "Wally Wick", and Murray's subsequent line "Yes, it's true. This man has no ****" is "It's true, your Honor. The man is some kind of rodent, I don't know which..."
- From the same scene, Ernie Hudson's line "I have seen sh** that will turn you white" is now "stuff that will turn you white," with the emphasis arguably more on the final word.
- ↑ (Newspaper) Kentucky New Era - Sep 19, 1987
- ↑ ABC Ghostbusters Sept. 24, 1987 Press Photo
- ↑ Spook Central- Ghostbusters, as originally broadcast on ABC on Sunday January 29, 1989
- Spook Central- Ghostbusters (Film) MULTIMEDIA Features information on the television version and links to download it.
- Spook Central- Ghostbusters on ABC on January 29, 1989 Another page with links to downloadable versions and comparisons between it and the theatrical version.
- Spook Central Blog-"Spook Central Live Online Video Event (1/29 At 8 PM EST)"
- Spook Central Blog-"Multimedia From Spook Central's Live Video Event"
All images are from Spook Central.