Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Helen Shreck  is a news reporter for 20/40/60.
Helen Shreck is an ace mobile news reporter for ABS Studio's 20/40/60. She joined Sandy Van Sanders on a report on Ghostbusters. She seemed sold that they were third class con artists. Unlike Sandy, Helen believed the Ghostbusters' claims after they demonstrated the Dimensionometer. But Sandy messed with a high voltage switch and caused a surge in energy. As a result, Egon Spengler's soul was sucked into the Netherworld and a Possessor Demon took over his body.
As the demon stumbled away, Helen kidnapped and took him back to the studio for an interview. After she asked him if he was a political refugee or an artist seeking fulfillment, the demon grabbed Helen and ran around the studio. Ray Stantz and Winston Zeddemore arrived and saved her. However, she was angered they disrupted the interview. She then jumped into Ecto-1 to also tail the demon. Back at the Firehouse, the demon slimed Sandy and Helen.
- Helen Shreck was based on Barbara Walters. 
- Winston makes reference to Lois Lane in comparison with Helen Shreck.  
- Helen Shreck mocks Lois Lane's wardrobe, which is a nod to her early appearances in comics and television.
- On page 10 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #15, the Helen Shreck makes a non-canon cameo the reporter.
- ↑ Eldon Bromo (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon on the Rampage" (1987) (DVD ts. 2:17-2:22). Time Life Entertainment. Eldon says: "Joining us live on the scene are ace reporters, Sandy Van Sanders and Helen Shreck."
- ↑ Marc Scott Zicree (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Egon on the Rampage" (Visual Commentary) (1987) (DVD ts. 02:18-02:19). Time Life Entertainment.
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Egon on the Rampage" (1987) (DVD ts. 16:13-16:14). Time Life Entertainment.
- ↑ Eatock, James & Mangels, Andy (2008). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection booklet, p. 15. CPT Holdings, Inc.