Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or any of your family ever seen a spook, specter or ghost? If the answer is yes, call the professionals! Psychokinetic energy is on the rise again, business is booming for the boys, and Ray is troubled by what could be a prophetic dream... Is this an ill omen of an upcoming apocalypse, or just a little indigestion? These questions and more are raised in the first issue of the new, ongoing Ghostbusters!
On May 23rd, Chris Ryall, IDW Publishing's Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, blogged that the series' variant covers will be by Nick Runge and each cover will pay homage to classic album art. Issue One will be based on KISS' fourth album, "Destroyer."  Tristan Jones also posted another PCOC teaser, a photograph of an entity. 
On May 25th, Nick Runge blogged about the variant cover. He used photo references provided by Lisa Stevens. The team is based on Patrick Creel (Real Tampa Bay Ghostbusters), Ben Bond, Rob Pearson (Tampa Bay), and Ben King (UK GB). 
On June 3rd, Tristan Jones revealed he will be working on supplemental material for each story. The first P.C.O.C. file will feature something familiar to everyone. 
On June 17th, Tom Waltz hinted will be a "special guest" in the first issue.  The first issue synopsis, four covers, and a supplemental material teaser were revealed, also. It will retail for $3.99 and is 32 pages in length.  Pages 18 and 19, without text, are previewed.  
On June 18th, it was revealed one of the covers will be a glow-in-the-dark version.  The third variant is the retailer incentive. If 500 copies of #1 are ordered and the retailer gets the incentive cover of anyone they choose as a Ghostbuster. 
On June 24th, IDW released an official announcement for #1. More details are offered on the "Be a Ghostbuster" promotion in which retailers will have the opportunity to obtain a unique variant featuring up to four personalized Ghostbusters on their cover. 
On July 18th, Erik Burnham revealed #1 will have a Back up story, Character design with commentary, and Fan art in addition to the main story. 
On August 14th, Erik Burnham tweeted Issue #1 hits the stands on September 21, 2011. 
On August 17th, a preview of Issue #1 was posted online. It includes Cover A, B, RI A, and a sample of Retailer Exclusive, staff credits page, 7 pages of the main story, and a page about pre-ordering details. 
On August 17th, Tristan Jones hinted where the crystals from the entity came from in Issue #3 will be addressed in Issue #1's PCOC section. 
On August 25th, Erik Burnham tweeted a confirmation that the release date was pushed a week back from September 21st to September 28th. 
On September 21st, Luis Delgado posted an unlettered version of page 20. It reveals a certain character will appear in the issue. 
On October 27th, IDW Comics announced a second printing would be released on November 23, 2011. 
There are 15 covers for issue one:
- Cover A
- Cover B
- Destroyer Variant
- Cover RI A
- Who You Gonna Call? Variant
- Cover RI B
- Glow in the Dark Variant
- Cover RE
- Nine total. See Retailer Exclusive Covers Below
- Second Printing
- Cover RI B Second Printing
- Due to the original printing not glowing in the dark, a new wave of this cover is currently planned to be made as of October 12, 2011. 
Retailer Exclusive CoversEdit
Nine comic book stores participated in the "Be A Ghostbuster" promotion.   The back cover features an untitled version of Cover A with the participating retailer's basic information stamped on the bottom left corner.
- Austin Books & Comics
- Who's on the Cover: Austin Books-Man
- Where: Austin, Texas 
- Challengers Comics + Conversation
- Clem's Collectibles
- Who's on the Cover: Ryan White, Assistant Manager at Fort Wayne store
- Where: Fort Wayne, Indiana 
- Who's on the Cover: Robert Scott, store owner 
- Where: San Diego, California
- Curious Comics, Books, & Games
- Who's on the Cover: D.J.H., Daniel Hansen is a customer who won Curious' contest to be on the cover
- Where: British Columbia, Canada 
- Matt's Cavalcade of Comics Cards & Collectibles
- Past Present Future
- The Lair
- Third Eye Comics
- The Diamond Order Code for the first printing is JUL11 0130 
- Page One
- Winston does not have a doctorate. This is the first instance of the ongoing series establishing it is in a continuity separate to the prime universe (the two movies and Ghostbusters: The Video Game).
- Janine mentions the Mass Sponge Migration that Ray referenced to Peter in Ghostbusters.
- Page Two
- Page Three
- Page Five
- The Blues Brothers' Bluesmobile is parked in front of Ray Puft's left foot
- Ray Puft rampages near 2 Columbus Circle
- Page Six
- The spirit guide is based on Jake Blues, played by the late John Belushi, of the Blue Brothers franchise.
- John Belushi was the original choice for the role of Peter Venkman.
- To the left of Ray's bed are Stay Puft Marshmallows on the night stand.
- To the right of Ray's bed is the Ghost Huster of the Year edition of Spooks Illustrated from the ending of "Ghostbuster of the Year"
- Ray's stuffed animal is a version of Dopey Dog from "The Boogieman Cometh"
- Page Seven
- Page Eight
- Page Nine
- Silver mentions the Zombies from Infestation
- The object by the door is the costume Slimer wore in "Look Homeward, Ray"
- The painting is of Sir Bruce from "Hard Knight's Day"
- The toilet resembles the Fearsome Flush from Kenner The Real Ghostbusters Toy Line
- The hands are reminiscent of when Zuul attacked Dana Barrett in Ghostbusters.
- The crown is from "Look Homeward, Ray"
- Page Ten
- The lamp from "Janine's Genie" is still present atop the file cabinet.
- Janine has a book titled "Learn Squash and Racquetball in a Weekend" which references her racquetball hobby conversation with Egon in Ghostbusters.
- Winston's T-shirt has the symbol of the force of good from "Night Game" and the shirt itself is in a color scheme of his animated counterpart's jumpsuit.
- The boy is a younger version of Alan Crendall from Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
- Page Eleven
- Page Twelve
- Page Thirteen
- Page Fourteen
- Page Fifteen
- Page Sixteen
- Page Seventeen
- Page Eighteen
- Page Nineteen
- Page Twenty One
- One of the city officials mentions Jock Mulligan, the mayor during the events of Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- One of the photos is of Slimer
- One official mentions the possibility the Ghostbusters have failed to properly contain what they've caught, the exact problem presented by the Poltergeists in Ghostbusters: Infestation 1 and Ghostbusters: Infestation 2
- The increasing paranormal activity alluded to at the end of Ghostbusters: Infestation 2 is mentioned.
- The insurance payouts from Ghostbusters: The Video Game are mentioned.
- The schematics of Ecto-1 from "Making Ghostbusters" are in the file.
- A photo of the Firehouse utilizes the design from Extreme Ghostbusters
- One official mentions not knowing how to deal with other Paranormal Investigation and Elimination Groups. One group is alluded to by Artie Lester in "What in Samhain Just Happened?!"
- Page Twenty Two
- The photo of Peter shows Slimer in the Paranormal Containment Research Tank from Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
- Peck infers his being possessed and being witness to the Ghostbusters battle against Ivo Shandor in Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
- The Paranormal Contracts Oversight Commission was led by Peck in Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
- Page Twenty Three
- A copy of Cover A appears in the "Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective" in the Ghostbusters disc special features of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Gift Set (2014) at the 5:04 mark.
- ↑ "Teaser" Tristan Jones deviantArt
- ↑ Ghostbusters: Destroyer Entry from RyallTime Blog
- ↑ "Teaseroid" Tristan Jones deviantArt
- ↑ Ghostbusters: Monthly Entry from Nick Runge's Comic Cove Blog
- ↑ "IDW Ghostbusters teaser" Tristan Jones deviantArt
- ↑ IDW's Ghostbusters P.C.O.C.
- ↑ IDW Forum Post
- ↑ Comics Continuum 6/17/11
- ↑ Page 18
- ↑ Page 19
- ↑ Spook Central 6/18/11
- ↑ GB Fans Erik Burnham Post
- ↑ Proton Charging 6/24/11
- ↑ "Slimer Polaroid" Tristan Jones deviantArt
- ↑ "Slimer and Venkman photo" Tristan Jones deviantArt
- ↑ Ghostbusters #1? 100% content IDW Forum thread
- ↑ erikburnham 7/30/11 Tweet #1
- ↑ erikburnham 7/30/11 Tweet #2
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/14/11
- ↑ Issuu Preview
- ↑ Issue 3 RI Cover Comment
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/25/11
- ↑ Luis Delgado on deviantArt
- ↑ IDW Comics Article 10/27/11
- ↑ Second Printing Cover Art on Ghostbusters Fans 10/7/11
- ↑ Previews Second Printing/Variants
- ↑ GhostbustersIssueOneOngoing2ndPrintingReference.jpg
- ↑ IDW article 10/27/11
- ↑ Glow in the Dark thread on Ghostbusters Fans
- ↑ "All-new GHOSTBUSTERS Comics Series Hits Stores Nationwide" IDW article
- ↑ "Retailer Exclusive Variants #1" @ Ghostbusters Fans Forum
- ↑ Austin Books & Comics Website
- ↑ Jimmy's Excited! 9/27/11 Entry
- ↑ Challengers Comics Website
- ↑ Clem's Collectibles Website
- ↑ Comickaze About Us
- ↑ Curious Comics Facebook Event
- ↑ Matt's Cavalcade About Us
- ↑ Matt's Cavalcade of Comics Website
- ↑ WPBGhostbusters Twitter
- ↑ Past Present Future website
- ↑ "Retailer Exclusive Variants #1" @ Ghostbusters Fans Forum
- ↑ The Lair About Us
- ↑ Third Eye Comics 9/26/11 Entry
- ↑ Third Eye Comics Website
- ↑ Previews July 2011
- ↑ Luis Delgado deviantArt 11/17/11
- ↑ Luis Delgado deviantArt 2/19/12
- ↑ Dapper Dan post
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| None||IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 2|