Ghostbusters 14 is the fourteenth issue in an ongoing Ghostbusters comic book series by IDW Publishing.
There's a new paranormal extermination squad in the city of New York, and the science behind their methods is making Egon nervous. Can the Ghostbusters talk their competition off a potentially dangerous road? Maybe if they use the magic word... 
On June 1st, 2012, Tristan Jones tweeted "If it gets approved, the cover I've just done for Ghostbusters #14 will be my new favourite thing I've done" 
On June 5th, 2012, Tristan Jones posted a preview of Cover B. An homage to one of the movie posters of "Taxi Driver". 
On July 13th, 2012, the solicitation was released and gave the first look at Cover A as well. 
On August 2nd, 2012, Erik Burnham tweeted he was having fun writing a "civil" scene between Peter Venkman and Walter Peck. 
On September 4th, 2012, Dan Schoening posted a preview of Cover A and revealed it was inspired by the spaghetti westerns, such as "For A Few More Dollars" and Clint Eastwood. 
On September 16th, 2012, in an interview with Guys With Pencils, Dan Schoening stated he was almost finished with penciling Issue #14. 
On September 17th, 2012, Erik Burnham revealed it will be "full on fall" in #14. 
On October 30th, 2012, a preview of the two covers, credit page, and first 7 pages of the main story were posted. 
On July 14, 2013, Dan Schoening posted a rough of unused covers for Issue #14. 
On December 8, 2015, Dan Schoening posted pencils of page 14. 
- The Diamond Order Code is AUG120339 
- Cover A
- The cover was inspired by spaghetti westerns, such as "For A Few More Dollars," and Clint Eastwood
- Cover RI
- The cover is a homage to one of the movie posters of "Taxi Driver"
- Page One
- In his dream, Ray reenacts the final act of the "Spies Like Us" movie as Austin Millbarge, the character portrayed by Dan Aykroyd.
- The dialogue from the two men on the sleds chasing Ray is a nod to the Neo-Nazi's second in command in a scene from the movie "The Blues Brothers"
- Page Two
- Ray refers to the Wilhelm Scream, a famous stock sound effect that became an inside joke among sound editors.
- Near the cliff is a book buried in the snow, the Codex of Saint Theophilus from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Apocalypse - - What, Now?"
- To the right of the Spirit Guide is the black ice block containing Hob Anagarak from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Cold Cash and Hot Water"
- Ray's Spirit Guide refers to Gozer and the events of Issue #4
- Page Four
- Part of the Vigo painting is to Janine's left
- The periodical Janine is reading mentions and has a photo of the relic that served as Samhain's prison seen in The Real Ghostbusters episode "When Halloween Was Forever"
- Peter finally dealt with Vigo's Carpathian Kitten Loss and drew a cat on one of arms. 
- On the front desk phone is a note for Ray to call Aunt Lois, a relative of the animated version of Ray in The Real Ghostbusters.
- On the front desk's card holder is Artie Lester's business card from "What in Sam Hain Just Happened?!"
- Samhain's Two Goblin Minions appear in the left box in the newspaper Peter holds out
- On the right corner of the newspaper is Louise from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine's Day Off" with the headline "Attacked By Imps"
- Below Louise is a headline for the Celtic exhibit Janine was reading about.
- On the lower left corner of the newspaper is Lynn Stacy from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Halloween Door"
- As Peter goes upstairs, Janine is reading a Celebrity Magazine, a periodical from The Real Ghostbusters episode, "The Devil in the Deep," featuring Elvis, whom was asked of in the first movie.
- Page Five
- A large version of the fuse label, commonly seen on the top of the Proton Pack, is present on the back of the research tank.
- In the kitchen area is a box of Cheez-It, seen in the first movie
- Also in the kitchen on the coffee pot is an Imp from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine's Day Off"
- On Egon's stopwatch is Luis Delgado's "15" easter egg 
- Page Six
- On the shelf to the right of the tank is a schematic of Samhain's Fortress from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Halloween II 1/2"
- On the top shelf is Slimer's prop glasses he wore for his costume in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Halloween II 1/2"
- On the bottom shelf is the Gregor's treasure chest from The Real Ghostbusters episode "No One Comes to Lupusville"
- Page Seven
- On the ground to the left of Walter Peck is the B.U.F.O. Receptacle from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Big Trouble With Little Slimer"
- Denise was first seen and identified in this issue but she was first heard in Issue #4 on page six buzzing in on Peck's intercom to inform him the Mayor was on line one.
- Denise appears to be visually based on Andrea Martin's Edith Prickley character from SCTV.
- Like in Issue #4, the framed Pacific Monthly makes reference to the B.U.F.O. and Jack Hardemeyer from Ghostbusters II
- Page Eight
- Peter uses the New York slang for Mayor, Hizzoner
- Blinkers, from Ghostbusters: The Video Game Realistic Versions, is on Peck's computer screen
- In the last panel, at the bottom of the framed article, is an email address of Cynthia Crawford - a reporter from The Real Ghostbusters
- Peck mentions the Mayor, last seen in Issue #9
- Page Nine
- Janine uses a Ghostbusters thermos for Egon's coffee
- Egon's device is visually based on the Ethereal Solidifier from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Once Upon a Slime"
- Behind the Solidifier is what appears to be the Electronic Positronic Anti-Halloween Machine from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Halloween Door"
- The satellite array around the roof is based on Dr. Crowley's at his residence in "The Halloween Door"
- Schematics of Samhain's fortress and some arcade games appear on the Solidifier's screen
- Page 10
- The Ectomobile outfitting section of the Activision Ghostbusters video game is on the screen of the Ethereral Solidifier.
- The Pimple Detection Device from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Three Men and an Egon" is on the desk
- Also on the desk is the Seiko brand Stop Watch/Printer combo unit as seen in the first Back to the Future film. It was used by Doc at Twin Pines.
- Also on the desk is a Kenner toy, Ecto-Plazm.
- Janine and Egon make reference to Roger Baugh, who indeed shares similarities with Egon - he is based on the Extreme Ghostbusters version of Egon.
- Egon's batteries have Killerwatt from The Real Ghostbusters episode of the same name on them.
- Page 11
- Egon mentions Yonkers, a city of New York located on the Hudson River.
- Slimer's fairytale book from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Once Upon a Slime" is on top of the Ethereal Solidifier like in the episode.
- Page 12
- Mr. Howard from "The Collect Call of Cathulhu" is on the bench by the vendor
- The hot dog vendor is from the first movie, he was startled when he found Slimer inside eating his product.
- Ray mentions Tiyah Clarke from the "Tainted Love" one shot
- The vendor has Ghost in a Can, Ecto-Cooler, Yuppie Water, and Ghostbusters Ectoplasm Energy Drinks for sale. Yuppie Water appeared in The Real Ghostbusters "Short Stuff" while the other three are actual merchandise
- Peter and Ray are across the street from The Dakota, former home of John Lennon before he was shot and killed.
- Page 13
- When Ray tries to tell Peter about a reading, Peter invokes a classic Lassie line
- Page 14
- The ghost appears in the Strawberry Fields memorial of John Lennon in Central Park, the Imagine mosaic is seen.
- Running away from the ghost is James Rolfe from Angry Video Game Nerd.
- Page 18
- Jenny looks concerned at Ray and Peter in two panels. Since Jenny is visually based on Donna Dixon, this may be a nod to the fact that in real life Dixon and Dan Aykroyd are married.
- Page 19
- The arcades nod to Power Guy from "Station Identification" and Ghostbusters (Sega Genesis) and Ghostbusters II games, Ghostbusters II Video Game and New Ghostbusters II Video Game.
- The two Goblins Egon used to set up spotlights in "When Halloween Was Forever" are in the upper left part of the board
- Under these goblins' photo is the Zone Dewbies slang the Goblins used.
- The Infinity Symbol, used to free Samhain in "When Halloween Was Forever," is in the lower left part of the board
- A photo of Samhain marked Class 11 is also in the lower left part of the board
- In the middle of the board is a sketch of Ron's Proton Pack
- A newspaper clipping of a panel from the end of Issue #13 is near the sketch
- On the table is a miniature Electronic Positronic Anti-Halloween Machine.
- Next to the machine is half of the Containment Rock Crystal from "If I Were a Witch Man"
- Next to the crystal is a miniature model of the Robo-Buster from The Real Ghostbusters episode of the same name
- Near Robo-Buster, on the board, is the anti-Ghostbusters logo seen in a television advertisement.
- A photo of the Pig Snouted Demon from "Robo-Buster" marked Class Five is near Robo-Buster.
- Robo-Busters "unlawful entity" line is written above the Pig Demon photo
- The "Exorcism" book Ray uses in "If I Were A Witch Man" is in the lower right corner
- On the tack board, there appears to be photos of the Mandala from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions
- Near the board appears to be a bucket of Psychomagnotheric Slime.
- The Power Guy arcade shows the planet Peternia, Power Guy's home, from "Station Identification"
- Page 22
- There is no Lindon Street in Brooklyn but there is a Linden at the address given
- The rejection letter references GBI or Ghostbusters International
- In the left corner of the page is part of Issue #9's Cover B
- Page 23
- ↑ Pull List Comixology Ghostbusters #14
- ↑ Spook Central 7/13/12 Entry
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet #1 5/14/12
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 6/1/12
- ↑ Tristan Jones deviantArt 6/5/12
- ↑ Spook Central 7/13/12 Entry
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/2/12
- ↑ The Big One Comic Podcast Erik Burnham Interview 8/17/12, 48:13-49:10
- ↑ Dapper Dan Schoening deviantArt 9/4/12
- ↑ Guys With Pencils Episode 77, Who you gonna call? Dan Schoening!, 48:38-49:00 mark
- ↑ Erik Burnham post IDW Publishing Forums 9/17/12
- ↑ Erik Burnham post IDW Forums 9/23/12
- ↑ CBR Preview 10/30/12
- ↑ Luis Delgado deviantArt Page 14 10/31/12
- ↑ Luis Delgado Page 19 10/31/12
- ↑ "Unused Ghostbusters Comic Covers" Dan Schoening deviantArt 7/14/13
- ↑ Dapperpomade Tweet 12/8/15
- ↑ Pull List Comixology Ghostbusters #14
- ↑ Dan Schoening instagram 9/10/13
- ↑ Luis Delgado reply deviantArt 10/31/12
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 13||IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 15|