Ghostbusters 2 is the second issue in an ongoing Ghostbusters comic book series by IDW Publishing. Also issued as a library binding book by Spotlight, retitled "Ghostbusters Volume One: The Man from the Mirror, Part 2".
Is Mr. Stay Puft finally reforming after the battle with his doppelganger during the Infestation? Is that what's causing the huge PKE uptick in New York? As Winston and Peter take care of the annoying--and familiar--spook haunting the Crendall household, Ray receives a visitor at the firehouse... and this visitor could be what his prophetic dream was trying to warn him about. 
On June 17th, 2011, A preview of two covers for issue two were also revealed. 
On June 14th, 2011, Jones tweeted that Runge submitted his cover for Issue #2 
On July 26th, 2011, Dan Schoening tweeted he finished penciling Issue #2. He also hints it is "full of Ghostbusting, Slime and Kittens!" 
On August 20th, 2011, Tristan Jones tweeted he finished his bulk of the work and will do touch ups the next day. 
On August 21th, 2011, Tristan Jones posted a Ghostbusters invoice as part of work on PCOC but also notes it was in part influenced by one done by Dan Schoening in the comic itself. 
On August 29th, 2011, Erik Burnham tweeted Issue #2 was almost done. Burnham hints "More PCOC, more behind the scenes sketches, more fan art, oh, and a bear of an ending!" 
On September 5th, 2011, Erik Burnham teased he sent the team to Queens. 
On September 7th, Tristan Jones posted part of his sketch for the second printing's cover. 
On September 8th, Tristan Jones posted another part of his sketch for the second printing's cover. 
On October 9th, 2011, Erik Burnham advertised in Issue #2 fans will "Meet the creepy Ellen Gold! Check out a bear! Learn more about the big bad of the arc!" 
On October 10th, 2011, a preview of Issue #2 was released. It contains the three covers, the table of contents, and seven pages of the main story. 
On November 9th, 2011, it was announced there will be a second printing for Issue 2. Tristan Jones and Luis Delgado provided new art for the cover, an homage to "Army of Darkness." It will be available on December 21st, 2011.    Originally Jones was going to use Peter Venkman in the middle with Zuul/Dana Barrett around his leg, but since Dana is off limits in the comics, the idea was scrapped. 
On November 10th, 2011, Luis Delgado posted an unlettered version of the cover for the second printing. 
On November 11th, 2011, Tristan Jones confirmed his cover for the second printing includes the back drop of Vigo's painting, Imps from "Janine's Day Off" poking at Egon's feet, Psychomagnotheric Slime, and the homage to "Army of Darkness." Jones also hinted there are two more cameos hidden on the cover.   Jones later confirmed the Gulper Ghost, Terror Dogs, and Zombie Taxi Driver as the other cameos.  
On July 14, 2013, Dan Schoening posted a rough of unused covers for Issue #2. 
- Diamond Order Code is "AUG110320" 
- The Diamond Order Code for the second printing is "SEP118149" 
- Page One
- Page Three
- Page Four
- The Paranormal Containment Research Tank is now upstairs, not on the main floor like in Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Peter refers to Egon as Tarzan.
- On Egon's clipboard is an excerpt from Leon Zundinger's "Magicians, Martyrs And Madmen" used for research on Vigo in Ghostbusters II. This excerpt is from pages 146-157 and quotes a line spoken by Necksa, Lord of the Undines, in "The Devil in the Deep"
- Page Five
- Peter mentions the Chicken/Egg Paradox. Apparently, Egon's opinion is Egg/Chicken.
- Part of the Vigo painting appears to the side of Jim Silver.
- Silver mentions the Stay Puft Marshmallow Corporation, who worked with The Real Ghostbusters in "Sticky Business" and he also wears a Stay Puft tie pin.
- Silver also mentions Gozer and specifically outs Ray as the Selector of its Destructor Form.
- Page Seven
- Page Eight
- Janine's invoice references Wilhelm von Homburg who played Vigo in Ghostbusters II
- Ecto-1a zooms past Axel Foley, star of the Beverly Hills Cop franchise and portrayed by Eddie Murphy who was the original choice for Winston Zeddemore on Ghostbusters.
- Luis Delgado's #15 Easter egg is located on Axel's car's license plate. The letters on the license plate, "LAD", corresponds to Delgado's initials (LAD=Luis Antonio Delgado). 
- Page Nine
- Page Ten
- Page Eleven
- Silver shoves Geoff Adams, of the Ghostbusters of British Columbia, aside.
- The bear is based on the Charging Bull in Bowling Green Park near Wall Street.
- Page Twelve
- Page Thirteen
- Page Fifteen
- Page Sixteen
- Ray uses a Globuscope from Ghostbusters II
- Between Ray and Egon is a cake, the Phantom Craftwork from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Stylized Versions)
- The chalkboard references Chef Sargossa from Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Stylized Versions)
- The chalkboard references Hotel de Gustav, from where the Gustav's Self-Service Tray originates in Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions)
- The chalkboard references the recipe for Chicken Bane Soup used in "Poultrygeist"
- "ROSEBUD" is imprinted on an oven to the left of Egon. This is in reference to the ghost of Charles Foster Hearse in "Ghostbuster of the Year"
- Page Seventeen
- Page Nineteen
- Zac mentions the Statue of Liberty, which was animated in Ghostbusters II.
- The Headless Horseman from "The Headless Motorcyclist" is on the street
- Baby Egon from "Three Men and an Egon" is in the stroller near the bronze bear statue.
- Cyrus Spengler from "Cry Uncle" watches Jacquelyn and Zac
- Baby Egon now holds a Giga meter from Ghostbusters II
- The Pallo Mansion ghosts from "Look Homeward, Ray" are behind baby Egon.
- Zac's backpack reads Miskatonic University, a college visited in "The Collect Call of Cathulhu" and "The Hole in the Wall Gang"
- Page Twenty
- Although the series is set in the 90s, the camera has a SD Card.
- Page Twenty Three
- Egon mentions the Tardis Effect from the Doctor Who franchise
- A copy of Cover A appears in both the "Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective" in the Ghostbusters disc special features and the "Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond" in the Ghostbusters II special features of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Gift Set (2014) at the 5:04 and 12:05 marks respectively.
- ↑ Comics Continuum Oct. Solicitations
- ↑ Proton Charging 6/17/11
- ↑ TRexJones 6/14/11 Tweet
- ↑ Dapperpomade 7/26/11 Tweet
- ↑ IDW Comics "IDW's October Solicitations"
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 8/20/11
- ↑ Ghostbusters Invoice
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/29/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 9/5/11
- ↑ Instagram 9/7/11
- ↑ Instagram 9/8/11
- ↑ Burnhamania 10/9/11
- ↑ Issue #2 Preview
- ↑ A Spoonful of Sugar deviation
- ↑ Ghostbusters 2 haunted house
- ↑ Page 16 textless
- ↑ Page 17 textless
- ↑ Ghostbusters #2 & #3 Comics Sold Out. Reprints! @ Ghostbusters Fans
- ↑ Ghostbusters News article 11/9/11
- ↑ Previews Sneak Peek for 12/21/11
- ↑ Ghostbusters 2 Reprint Cover comment
- ↑ Army of Darkness Ghostbusters
- ↑ Ghostbusters Fans post #1
- ↑ Ghostbusters Fans post #2
- ↑ Tristan Jones deviantArt 11/10/11
- ↑ Tristan Jones post Ghostbusters Fans 12/26/11
- ↑ "Unused Ghostbusters Comic Covers" Dan Schoening deviantArt 7/14/13
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/15/11
- ↑ Diamond listing
- ↑ Luis Delgado deviantArt 2/19/12
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 1||IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 3|