Ghostbusters 4 is the fourth issue in an ongoing Ghostbusters comic book series by IDW Publishing.
The time has come! Gozer's energies are coalescing around Manhattan, waiting to reform, and Ray has been captured in an attempt by the forces of darkness to modify the Destructor's form. Is it the end of the world again, or can Ray keep it together until help arrives? 
On June 6th, 2011, Tristan Jones hinted there will be some mention of the B.U.F.O. from the episode of The Real Ghostbusters titled "Big Trouble With Little Slimer" that featured an animated version of Walter Peck. 
On August 25th, 2011, Nick Runge made a blog about his cover. Runge reveals the front cover will be in black and white and the back cover will be the color version.  Erik Burnham revealed his cover for Issue #4, which has a familiar Brady Bunch homage. 
On August 26th, 2011, Erik Burnham tweeted his script for Issue #4 was approved. 
On August 30th, 2011, Dan Schoening blogged he was going to start penciling Issue #4 on the week of September 5th. 
On September 2nd, 2011, Erik Burnham revealed an uncolored variation of his cover of Issue #4. It has characters in different positions and some not used in the final. 
On October 3rd, 2011, Dan Schoening blogged about Issue #3 Cover A. But he also revealed he was working on Page 16 of Issue #4 and "there is something sugary on the loose!" 
On October 12th, 2011, Ghostbusters Fans posted a first look at Cover A. 
On October 14th, 2011, Tristan Jones tweeted Issue #4 is ready to move into final art. 
On October 23rd, 2011, Tristan Jones tweeted one of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man photographs from the P.C.O.C. section. 
On October 24th, 2011, Tristan Jones tweeted one of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man photographs from the P.C.O.C. section. 
On October 25/6/7th, 2011, Tristan Jones uploaded a photo of Stay Puft Marshmallows from the P.C.O.C. section. 
On November 12th, 2011, Tristan Jones tweeted Issue #4 reveals the names of the Ghostbusters rookies. However, Jones also notes "But you gotta look hard." 
On November 19th, 2011, Erik Burnham tweeted his favorite "prop" will be in Issue #4. 
On July 14, 2013, Dan Schoening posted a rough of unused covers for Issue #4. 
- Page Three
- Page Four
- Page Five
- Page Six
- The framed articles on Peck's wall and speed dial references the B.U.F.O. from "Big Trouble With Little Slimer," Jack Hardemeyer from Ghostbusters II, and the EPA's role in shutting down the Ghostbusters in the first movie
- The Speed dial buttons also have labels for Lenny Clotch, Jock Mulligan, and the Parkview Psychiatric Hospital
- Page Seven
- Page Eight
- The color scheme of the helicopter matches the one Ray piloted in "You Can't Take it With You"
- The miniature plane with the Skeleton Pilot Ghost is from The Real Ghostbusters promo pilot
- Egon's friend appears to be visually based off the character Roger Murdock from the movie "Airplane!" as portrayed by Kareem Abdul-Jabaar.
- Page 10
- Page 16
- Luis Delgado's 15 easter egg is the issue number of the framed The Pacific Monthly on the first panel.
- Page 17
- Ray enters room 2206, Dana Barrett's during the first movie
- The person is based on John Candy's take of Louis Tully - a German man with two dogs. Dan Schoening based him visually on John Candy's character Dr. Tongue from SCTV. 
- The two Doberman Pinschers are named Artemis and Hera. In Greek mythology, they were the wives of Apollo and Zeus, respectively. Apollo and Zeus were the names of the Doberman Pinschers in the television show "Magnum, P.I." - an obscure, roundabout reference inserted by Erik Burnham. 
- The original Ghostbusters commercial is playing in 2206.
- Page 22
- The article in the upper left mentions the Ghostbusters hiring three new hands - Maddie Collins, Chad Fuller, and Bryan Welsh. These are names created by Tristan Jones - Maddie for the Female Rookie, Chad for the Stylized version of Rookie, and Bryan for the Realistic version. Tristan conceived "Maddie Collins" a long time ago before the ongoing series happened and the other two as he worked on the PCOC material.  
- Marty Tillis' name appears in the Stay Puft video, He was head of the Stay Puft Company in "Sticky Business"
- A reference to Tobin's Spirit Guide is partially visible in the bottom left corner.
- Page 23
- "The Architect" or Ivo Shandor is mentioned
- The Infestation event is mentioned as occurring last year
- One phone number associated with the Ghostbusters is partially seen, "212-555-631"
- A map of locations and events from the first movie are seen: 55 Central Park West (Dana's apartment), Lincoln Center where Peter made a date with Dana, Tavern on the Green where Louis was possessed, and Columbia University. This map originated from the book Making Ghostbusters on page 26.
- A photo of Zombie Stay Puft from Ghostbusters: Infestation is included
- A photo and file on the Marshmallow Mini from The Video Game can be seen
- Partial shot of Stay Puft Marshmallows Bag is visible
- Two scenes from this issue are used for Ray's memories in Volume 2 Issue #19 page 12.
- ↑ Issue 4 Solicitations via Spook Central
- ↑ Tristan Jones' Post on Toon Zone 6/10/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet
- ↑ erikburnham 7/27/11 Tweet #1
- ↑ erikburnham 7/27/11 Tweet #2
- ↑ Erik Burnham Fan Page 7/27/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #1 8/17/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #2 8/17/11
- ↑ chris_ryall Tweet 8/24/11
- ↑ Runge Art Blog 8/25/11
- ↑ Erik Burnham Tumblr Post
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 8/26/11
- ↑ Dapper Dan's Pomade 8/30/11
- ↑ erikburnham deviantArt post
- ↑ Dapper Dan's Pomade 10/3/11
- ↑ GB Fans Facebook post
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 10/14/11
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 10/21/11
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet #2 10/21/11
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 10/23/11
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 10/24/11
- ↑ Tumblr 10/26/11
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 10/28/11
- ↑ Tristian Jones deviantArt "Big Man"
- ↑ IDW Forums Post 10/31/11
- ↑ TRexJones Tweet 11/12/11
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 11/19/11
- ↑ Luis Delgado deviantArt page 9
- ↑ Luis Delgado page 13
- ↑ Luis Delgado page 19
- ↑ "Unused Ghostbusters Comic Covers" Dan Schoening deviantArt 7/14/13
- ↑ Erik Burnham post
- ↑ Erik Burnham post 3/28/12 Ghostbusters Fans
- ↑ Comic Book Late Night 3/3/12, 47:13-47:53
- ↑ Tristan Jones IDW Forums post #1
- ↑ Tristan Jones IDW Forums post #2
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 3||IDW Publishing- Ghostbusters 5|