|Specifics: June 14, 2018|
Ghostbusters Annual 2018 is the third Ghostbusters annual issue by IDW Publishing.
When urban miners discover what appears to be a centuries-old, man-made chamber 600 feet below the streets of New York City, they unwittingly unleash an unnamed entity with designs on dominance... an entity that will soon answer to the name SAMHAIN. Join the original Ghostbusters in this double-sized annual that will also sow the seeds for Crossing Over! 
On June 26, 2016, in an interview, Erik Burnham confirmed some ghosts that appear in the Tobin's Spirit Guide (Insight Editions) could also appear in an IDW comic in the near future like Samhain. The details about Samhain in the guide would be used by Burnham in the comic. Samhain was planned to appear in the International arc but there wasn't any more room as the writing went on. 
On October 19, 2017, Tom Waltz posted a preview of a new cover and teased February 2018.  Erik Burnham confirmed the IDW version of Samhain is returning.  Burnham later confirmed it was a new annual but he had to cut two pages from the script already. 
On October 31, 2017, on the weekly Turtles Tuesday, Erik Burnham revealed the story started to become a little more of a focus for Kylie Griffin.  The annual will set up the next story arc, an eight issue max-event titled "Ghostbusters Crossing Over" starting in March. 
On November 16, 2017, Cover A and B were previewed. A February 15 release date and a logline were also revealed. 
On November 18, 2017, Erik Burnham revealed there would be a prelude for the Crossing Over maxi series in the Annual. 
On November 22, 2017, February solicits corrected the release date as February 14. 
On December 6, 2017, Dan Schoening posted a WIP of the P.K.E. Meter from The Real Ghostbusters. 
On January 5, 2018, Tom Waltz posted three WIPs by Dan Schoening of several Ghostbusters in action. 
On January 6, 2018, Dan Schoening posted a WIP of Holtzmann. 
On January 8, 2018, Erik Burnham teased "a quick, throwaway one-panel character in the Ghostbusters 2018 annual may or may not steal your hearts." 
On January 9, 2018, Tom Waltz posted a colored panel of several Ghostbusters in action. 
On January 16, 2018, Dan Schoening posted a WIP of Holtzmann. 
- The Diamond Order Code is DEC170466.
- ↑ Annual 2018 Previews World 11/22/17
- ↑ 6/26/16 Crossrip Podcast "#227 - Andrew Shaffer/"Ghosts From Our Past" and Erik Burnham "Tobin's Spirit Guide" - June 27, 2016" 2:29:37-2:30:04 Erik Burnham says: "All the stuff in there, uh, I wrote to work with the comics. So the version of Samhain, for example. The details I put in there. If I were to use Samhain, that's the details I would use. And I, uh, yeah, I did -- I did think at one point last year that we're gonna sneak him into International but not going to be any room for him in International but I still want to use him at some point."
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 10/19/17
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #1 10/19/17
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #2 10/19/17
- ↑ IDW Publishing Facebook 13:46-13:54 10/31/17 Erik Burnham says: "The story kind of surprised me a bit, it kind of started to become a little more of a focus for Kylie which is another who who's always fun to write."
- ↑ IDW Publishing Facebook 15:10-15:24 10/31/17 Tom Waltz says: "So this is going to be an eight issue big crossover event that is coming out of the annual. So the annual counts. The annual is the set up for the big crossover series and we're going to be calling it drum roll Ghostbusters Crossing Over."
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 11/2/17
- ↑ Dapperpomade Tweet 11/2/17
- ↑ SyFy Wire "Exclusive: Get a scary-good sneak peek at IDW's upcoming Ghostbusters Annual 2018" 11/16/17
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 11/18/17
- ↑ Comic Book Resources "IDW Publishing Solicitations for February 2018" 11/22/17
- ↑ Dapperpomade Tweet 12/6/17
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 1/5/18
- ↑ Dapperpomade Tweet 1/6/18
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 1/8/18
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 1/9/18
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #1 1/10/18
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet #2 1/10/18
- ↑ Dapperpomade Tweet 1/16/18
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
| TMNT/GB 2 #5||Crossing Over #1|