|IDW Publishing Comics- Past, Present, and Future|
|Release Date||December 2009|
|Story Writer(s)||Rob Williams|
|Colorist(s)||Tom Smith/Scorpion Studios|
|Front Cover Artist(s)||Nick Runge (B and RI)|
Tom Smith/Scorpion Studios
IDW Publishing Comics- Past, Present, and Future is the first one shot in a series of holiday-themed Ghostbusters comic books by IDW Publishing.
It's Christmas Eve and the grumpiest man in New York (and that's saying somethin') hires the Ghostbusters. Each year he's visited by spectres who want him to change his ways and he's had enough. Now Venkman, Ray, Egon and Winston have to proton pack the actual ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future. But what does that mean for the spirit of Christmas itself? 
On Christmas Eve, the Ghostbusters are hired by a ruthless millionaire to capture two ghosts that have haunted him for decades. If they succeed, they will be paid $4 million but at what cost?
- On Page 4, Peter mentions Caesar's Palace, a luxury hotel and casino in Las Vegas.
- On Page 6, Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence are mentioned during Fraser's backstory.
- On Page 6, Fortune 500 is mentioned during Fraser's backstory. It is Fortune magazine's annual list of the top 500 companies in the United States of America.
- On Page 8, Peter mentions his freshman year at Columbia University. This is one location used for filming in Ghostbusters but it was never stated nor shown to be Columbia.
- On Page 10, Egon mentions Charles Dickens. Based on his deduction that the ghost is the Ghost of Christmas Past, this story is non-canon to The Real Ghostbusters, where this trio was encountered once.
- On Pages 16-18, Gozer appears in a new form (which appears to contradict a rule postulated in Ghostbusters: The Video Game about one Destructor Form per dimension).
- The title page for this story in the Haunted Holidays Trade Paperback places the events taking place on a Friday.
- The Ghost of Christmas Future is the only entity from the story to appear on one of the comic's covers.
- On page 15 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #11, the RI cover appears on Egon's white board.
- A copy of Cover B appears in the "Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective" in the Ghostbusters disc special features of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Gift Set (2014) at the 5:04 mark.
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
|IDW Publishing- Displaced Aggression 4||IDW Publishing- Tainted Love|