Related to GhostbustersEdit
Joe Michael Straczynski was The Real Ghostbusters Story Editor for Seasons 1 & 2 he also was the writer to 20 episodes. The character The Great Strazinski is named after him. While Story Editor he brought to the show other writers. He also wrote the first edition of the Real Ghostbusters production bible.
He wrote all the following Episodes:
- Slimer, Come Home
- Mr. Sandman, Dream Me a Dream
- Citizen Ghost
- When Halloween Was Forever
- Take Two
- Xmas Marks the Spot
- Knock, Knock
- Ragnarok and Roll
- Chicken, He Clucked
- Slimer, Is That You?
- Who're You Calling Two-Dimensional?
- Doctor, Doctor
- No One Comes to Lupusville
- The Thing in Mrs. Faversham's Attic
- They Call Me MISTER Slimer
- The Grundel
- The Halloween Door
- The Ghostbusters Live! from Al Capone's Tomb! (Unaccredited)
- Russian About
- The Haunting of Heck House
- Janine, You've Changed
He created Babylon 5 and wrote 92 out of the 110 episodes. He had a hand in every aspect of the show. And its spin-off Crusade
Straczynski started in television in 1983, working on various television series ranging animated to live action. Straczynski quickly working his way from staff writer to executive producer, with the most famous of his television works arguably being Babylon 5. In addition to B5, Straczynski also ran Jeremiah, a program loosely based on the Belgian post-apocalyptic comic of the same name, writing 19 of the 35 episodes.
A partial chronological list of Straczynski's other television credits:
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Staff Writer; specifically writing 9 episodes
- She-Ra: Princess of Power - Staff Writer, specifically writing 8 episodes
- Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors - Staff Writer, specifically writing 13 episodes
- The Real Ghostbusters - Story Editor; writer of 20 episodes and one Special
- Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future - Executive Story Editor; writer of 13 episodes
- The New Twilight Zone - Story Editor; writer of 11 episodes
Jake and the Fatman - Executive Story Editor; writer of 5 episodes
- Murder, She Wrote - Co-Producer; writer of 7 episodes
- Walker Texas Ranger - Supervising Producer; writer of 1 episode.
- Jerimiah- Creator, Writer
In Addition, Straczynski was involved with the program Spiral Zone, from which he removed his name and used the pseudonym Fettes Grey (derived from the names of the grave robbers in The Body Snatcher); and also wrote an episode of CBS Storybreak.
He created the comic book series Rising Stars and the Midnight Nation graphic novel/ miniseries. He also orchestrated the reboot of marvels Squadron Supreme and had a long run on the Amazing Spiderman, for which he won several awards.
He wrote the script for such movies as The Changeling, Ninja Assassin, and Thor
J. Michael Straczynski is currently engaged to pen a remake of the science fiction classic Forbidden Planet and wrote the script for the upcoming World War Z movie.
- On page 12 panel 4 of Ghostbusters: Get Real Issue #3, the yellow Post-It note references Straczynski. The last four digits of the phone number are his birth year, 1954.