"Safety lights are for dudes."
- Jillian Holtzmann; Ghostbusters
Dr. Jillian Holtzmann, Ph.D is a former professor from the Kenneth P. Higgins Institute and founder of the Ghostbusters in the 2016 movie, along with Doctors Abigail Yates and Erin Gilbert. Specialized in nuclear engineering, she designed and built their equipment, including the Proton Packs and Sidearms.
She is somewhat mad scientist type. She is also a prankster. Caring for her friends who later become her family.
Attended MIT before she worked with Abby Yates at Kenneth P. Higgins Institute. She was along with Abby and a reluctant Erin to Aldridge Mansion Museum. Ultimately, all three witnessed a ghost. Later, both her and Abby were fired from Kenneth P. Higgins Institute.
- Costume designer Jeffrey Kurland was inspired by Harpo Marx for Holtzmann's eclectic clothing choices. 
- Holtzmann has bits of McKinnon's traits: "From another planet," joyful, friendly, and wants to connect.  
- In Ghostbusters International #3, on page 6, in panel 5, Holtzmann makes a non-canon cameo as one of the applicants outside.
- On page 23 of Ghostbusters International #8, the FBI Special Agent in Boston is named after Holtzmann.
- In the Extended scene "Rebecca Gorin" she claims her and Erin are dating. This confirms that either she is bi-sexual or a lesbian. Note, it isn't clear if this is in canon though.
- Her hairstyle, eyewear, and place on the team are very similar to the animated version of Egon Spengler, voiced by Maurice LaMarche.
- "You try saying no to these salty parabolas..."
- "Holtzmann, Virgo, avid skier, gluten full and 100% jazzed to meet you."
- "It's 2040, our president is a plant."
- ↑ Empire Online "Ghostbusters - trailer breakdown with Paul Feig" 3/9/16 Paul Feig says: "Our costume designer, Jeffrey Kurland's preliminary designs had her in these very out of the ordinary outfits. I liked how eclectic we were making Holtzmann – to me she's almost Harpo Marx, who just appropriates all this clothing. You imagine her room is just this enormous pile of clothes she's found in dumpsters and Goodwill and bought at garage sales. The glasses, I liked the idea of her wearing glasses and Kate liked the idea of having something to play with. When those goggles were brought out that was a home run. She goes through a few different eyewear looks, but that one in the trailer is my favourite look of hers."
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly "Kate McKinnon on proton packs, playing a scientist, and all things Ghostbusters" 4/15/16 Kate McKinnon says: "She hits close to home for me in that she's kind of on another planet. She's joyful and friendly and wants to connect, but also [she begs the question], 'What the heck are you talking about, girl?'."
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly "Kate McKinnon on proton packs, playing a scientist, and all things Ghostbusters" 4/15/16 Kate McKinnon says: "Paul told me once it was based on me. He said that it was sort of inspired by some of my traits."