Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
She is somewhat mad scientist type. She is also a prankster.
She had worked with Abby Yates at Kenneth P. Higgins Institute. She was along with Abby and a reluctant Erin to Aldridge Mansion Museum. Ultimately, all three witnessed a ghost. Later, both her and Abby were fired from Kenneth P. Higgins Institute.
- Costume designer Jeffrey Kurland was inspired by Harpo Marx for Holtzmann's eclectic clothing choices. 
- Holtzmann has bits of McKinnon's traits: "From another planet," joyful, friendly, and wants to connect.  
- In Ghostbusters International #3, on page 6, in panel 5, Holtzmann makes a non-canon cameo as one of the applicants outside.
- ↑ Empire Online "Ghostbusters - trailer breakdown with Paul Feig" 3/9/16 Paul Feig says: "Our costume designer, Jeffrey Kurland's preliminary designs had her in these very out of the ordinary outfits. I liked how eclectic we were making Holtzmann – to me she's almost Harpo Marx, who just appropriates all this clothing. You imagine her room is just this enormous pile of clothes she's found in dumpsters and Goodwill and bought at garage sales. The glasses, I liked the idea of her wearing glasses and Kate liked the idea of having something to play with. When those goggles were brought out that was a home run. She goes through a few different eyewear looks, but that one in the trailer is my favourite look of hers."
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly "Kate McKinnon on proton packs, playing a scientist, and all things Ghostbusters" 4/15/16 Kate McKinnon says: "She hits close to home for me in that she's kind of on another planet. She's joyful and friendly and wants to connect, but also [she begs the question], 'What the heck are you talking about, girl?'."
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly "Kate McKinnon on proton packs, playing a scientist, and all things Ghostbusters" 4/15/16 Kate McKinnon says: "Paul told me once it was based on me. He said that it was sort of inspired by some of my traits."