The Kenneth P. Higgins Institute was the location that Abby and Jillian conducted their research at the beginning of the 2016 movie.
The Kenneth P. Higgins Institute was established twelve years ago. Not the highest regard as a school as one dean had to serve jail time which forced him to resign. Current Dean Thomas Shanks is not exactly a respectable Dean either, not even knowing how to spell the word science.
For years, Abby and Jillian ran a department about the paranormal. It had been forgotten about, and the day they asked for more funding, Dean fired the two. Notable, theft of school property happened shortly after.
Ray Stantz' students, Zoe Zawadzki, Evan Torres, and Cait Banner, opened a portal with the Ghostbusters' Interspatial Teleportation Unit as part of a demonstration for their new classmate Garrett Parker. The portal appeared near the Kenneth P. Higgins Institute in the evening. A large ghost with tentacles detected the portal and grabbed Garrett's arm. Zoe closed the portal before any of them crossed over. The ghost lost two tentacles in the process. It heard the voice of an entity in the reflection of a storefront across the street.
- Paranormal Studies Laboratory
- Dean Thomas Shanks Office
- The building used for filming the scenes was the former Everett High School building.
- On June 18, 2015, set photos from Boston began emerging of Kristen Wiig going to the former Everett High School dressed as Bronx Kuyper Middle School. The school's exterior was draped with banners that read "Higgs Science Institute." A taxicab dressed as a New York City taxi cab was seen. Wiig walked past two people brawling. Paul Feig was also seen. Melissa McCarthy and Kate McKinnon were also seen in filming in costume.    
- On June 20, 2015, amateur footage published on June 19 recorded exterior filming of Melissa McCarthy and Kate McKinnon's characters hailing a cab and Kristen Wiig's character sends them off with a short line.  
- The first trailer for the movie featured an easter egg on Erin's board of equations, a website url ParanormalStudiesLab.com, that led to the "official website" for the Kenneth P. Higgins Institute of Science's Paranormal Studies Lab. Embedded on this website was a behind-the-scenes featurette entitled "Busting Ghosts With Science" 
- On March 9, 2016, the Ghostbusters Snapchat posted a still of a door at the Paranormal Studies Lab. The name plates on the door were of Dr. Abigail L. Yates and Dr. Jillian Holtzmann. 
- A lot of the equipment was brought to the new Headquarters from their lab, as suggested by them running stuff out before the dean could stop them.
- On page 16 of Ghostbusters 101 #2, in panel 2, there is a banner from the Kenneth P. Higgins Institute of Science.
- On page 3 of Ghostbusters 101 #5, panel 5, on the second row is the device that was next to Holtzmann in her and Abby's Kenneth P. Higgins lab in Chapter 2 when Erin first met her.
- On page 19 of Ghostbusters 101 #6, right of Patty is the stack of discounted copies of Ghosts From Our Past seen in Abby and Holtzmann's lab in the Kenneth P. Higgins Institute.
- ↑ Boston "Here are the first photos from the set of ‘Ghostbusters’" 6/18/15
- ↑ Boston Herald "Sneak peek as ‘Ghostbusters’ reboot starts shooting in Everett" 6/18/15
- ↑ ET Online "First Pictures From 'Ghostbusters' Are Here! See Kristen Wiig in Costume" 6/18/15
- ↑ People "Check Out Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon in First Photos from the Ghostbusters Set" 6/18/15
- ↑ Comic Book "Ghostbusters Hail A Taxi In First Footage From Paul Feig's Reboot" 6/20/15
- ↑ user GASP! YouTube 6/19/15
- ↑ Spook Central "Ghostbusters 2016 Reboot Trailer & Hidden Website Found!!!" March 3, 2016
- ↑ Andrew Shaffer Facebook post 3/9/16