|Specifics: This is for ATC Comic, Crossing Over|
Kevin Beckman (mostly, referred to as simply Kevin) is the Receptionist for the Ghostbusters in the 2016 movie.
He clearly isn't the brightest, but he makes up for it in his looks. He is known for confusing relatively simple things, such as sight and sound.
He was the only applicant to apply for the Receptionist position. From the moment he stepped into the second floor of the Ghostbusters' make-shift headquarters, Erin Gilbert has been making advances towards him, which he seems unaware of. Abby and Jillian are astonished by how dumb he seems, but they hire him anyway.
For unknown reasons, Kevin dressed up in a broccoli costume and started dancing near the Firehouse doors with no music on. Erin was naturally distracted. She thought he was doing a take on the traditional Bhangra Dance Style but then he started doing the Mashed Potato. After Abby got off the phone with Patty, she conceded and asked Erin what was going on. Abby sighed then suggested practicing in the other room to Kevin. Kevin exclaimed he would try and left. Erin went over the accounting and asked Kevin if he ordered 10 cases of spray cheese. Kevin replied he possibly did then the phone started ringing. Erin reminded him that he couldn't just order anything he wanted on the business account then asked him to answer the phone. Kevin felt bad vibes and declined while calling Erin "Stephanie". Mike Hat brought Erin the phone. As Kevin predicted, Erin dealt with a rude person on the line. Erin wished they could hire more help. Abby, Patty, and Holtzmann returned empty handed again. Kevin realized they came back and covered his eyes with his hand. He informed them he took a message for them while they were out. He handed one of his shoes to Abby. Abby pointed that out. Kevin was happy to see it and revealed he was looking all over for it. He suddenly saw Peter Venkman and Ray Stantz walking up the stairs then they vanished. Abby snapped his fingers and got his attention. Kevin apologized and admitted he felt like he was somewhere else for a second then asked Abby if they knew anyone named "Venkman".
A couple of weeks later, the two dimensions overlapped. Kevin was the first to meet the other Ghostbusters, namely Egon Spengler. Some time later, the girls arrived. Egon deduced Kevin worked for them. Kevin waved and excitedly told them to check the place out. He revealed Egon said he could name the ghost in the Paranormal Containment Research Tank if he was good. Kevin wanted to name him "Kevin Junior". While the two teams compared notes, Kevin tried on Ecto Goggles then balanced a stack of books on top of his head. As the teams came up from the basement, Kevin was playing with a Slinkie. After pressure from a buildup in P.K.E. was released, several items from the other Ghostbusters' Firehouse started to appear. Beckman went on comms and notified Egon, Abby, and Kylie Griffin. He asked if he should put Sticky Notes on all of their equipment so everyone knows. For the rest of the day, Beckman kept answering the front desk phone and telling everyone how he tagged everything so no one got confused. Janine took the phone away after he called Ray. Janine remarked Beckman kind of reminded her of a Labrador Retriever.
After Peter, Holtzmann, Winston Zeddemore, and Patty returned from Woodlawn Cemetery, Kevin greeted them and asked if the Bronx was fun then asked if they got him a T-shirt. Abby reminded him he lived in the Bronx. Surprisingly, Kevin made a point by noting it wasn't the same Bronx. While Egon informed what would happen if they failed to capture the Bronx Spook and seal the breach behind it, Kevin played his saxophone. Beckman opened the front doors of the Firehouse for Abby and Holtzmann as they departed in the Ultimate Mobile Trap. He waved goodbye then introduced himself to Special Agent Melanie Ortiz. He asked if she met "Kevin Jr." yet. Kylie told her he meant Slimer. After the Ghostbusters crossed the streams on a breach to seal it and separate their dimensions, Beckman thought he was becoming one with the universe again. Janine noticed he said "again." He hoped Mike Hat was okay.
After the Ghostbusters returned from the Yorkville Brownstone, Erin asked Kevin to send out for some Chinese from Zhu's. Erin resigned herself to the fact that the food wasn't showing up. It soon became apparent Abby was possessed. Holtzmann removed Doctor Kruger from her. Abby requested a towel from Kevin. He threw it very short of her hand. She noted at least it was a towel she threw. As they watched Kruger settle at the Empire State Building, Kevin asked if he could come this time. They all declined him at the same time. Erin found it odd no one was calling the Firehouse about the Empire State Building. Abby asked Kevin and he revealed he unplugged the phone because the calls were annoying him. They departed for the Empire State Building.
After the Ghostbusters left for the Empire State Building, Kevin plugged the phone back in. It rang constantly. Mayor Bradley called six times. After 20 minutes, Kevin decided not to pull the plug out and repeat the same thing later on. He cut the cord. Since this was the eighth time, Abby already anticipated he would do it again and had a lot of replacement phones waiting. Holtzmann got idea for a Dream Machine to use against Kruger and Kevin got to be a test subject after he promised to be very quiet. He got to wear a colander as a helmet.
- On June 10, 2015, it was first reported Chris Hemsworth joined the cast as the receptionist.  Paul Feig confirmed the casting on his Twitter account. 
- On August 17, 2015, photos of Chris Hemsworth in a jumpsuit riding an Ecto-2 was taken. 
- Costume designer Jeffrey Kurland and Chris Hemsworth went through several pairs of glasses to see which one suited Kevin. 
- The receptionist was always going to be male. During production Kristen Wiig improvised Erin having a crush on Kevin. 
- Initially, Kevin was going to be an apathetic character but Melissa McCarthy pointed out the team had to care about wanting to rescue him. Hemsworth began improvising. 
- The Mike Hat joke was improvised by Chris Hemsworth while filming the interview scene. 
- During his interview, Kevin is asked not to listen and he closes his eyes. As Abby, Erin, and Holtzmann discuss whether to hire him or not, he hits the gong and again closes his eyes instead of his ears.
- In Ghostbusters International #4, in the What Came Before! section, Janine Melnitz's new hire was revealed to be named Kevin likely as a nod to Kevin.
- In the Ghostbusters Annual 2017, on page 48, Kevin's hot dog design is on the locker.
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters 101 #1, in panel 3:
- In the upper left, is Kevin's drawing of a female ghost logo.
- In the upper left, above Kevin's drawing, on a post-it note is Kevin's hot dog logo.
- On page 5 of Ghostbusters 101 #2, Kevin is wearing his white lab coat from one of the 2016 movie end credits teasers. He also has issues with answering the phone like in the movie.
- On page 5, Erin imagines Kevin with the hair of Egon from The Real Ghostbusters.
- On page 19 of Ghostbusters 101 #2, in panel 5, Kevin covers his eyes like during his job interview in the movie. Kevin's hat from Chapter 16 of the movie is on his desk.
- On page 9 of Ghostbusters 101 #3, Erin's tirade about Kevin Beckman is a low level nod to Thor, whom Chris Hemsworth portrays in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. 
- On page 10 of Ghostbusters 101 #3, Kevin Beckman is wearing the outfit when he appeared in Chapter 8 and 10 the 2016 movie. His shirt is colored a solid green instead of white and green plaid.
- On page 20 of Ghostbusters 101 #3, in panel 1, Kevin Beckman is playing with a Slinkie - a nod to Ghostbusters II.
- Kevin appears on the Regular Cover of Ghostbusters 101 #5
- On the Subscription Cover of Ghostbusters 101 #5, below the Ghost Smashers is Kevin Beckman with his stock photos.
- On page one of Ghostbusters 101 #5, panel 1, Kevin's No Ghost logo makes a non-canon cameo three beer taps away from the Mini-Trap.
- On page 18 of Ghostbusters 101 #5, Abby mentions Kevin Beckman lives in the Bronx. 
- On page 19 of Ghostbusters 101 #5, panel 4, Kevin has his saxophone and stethoscope from his stock photos in the 2016 movie.
- Kevin appears on Cover B of Ghostbusters 101 #6.
- On the front of the RI Wraparound Photo Cover of Ghostbusters 101 #6 is Kevin Beckman from Chapter 7 of the 2016 movie when he points out that Patty is present after the fact.
- On page 18 of Ghostbusters 101 #6, Kevin appears with his saxophone on the neutralized Vigo portrait in place of Oscar.
- On page 7 of Ghostbusters: Answer The Call Issue #1, Kevin is wearing his white shirt and black vest civies, first seen in Chapter 12 of the movie.
- The 21st Crossing Over Virtual Trading Card, released on May 1, 2018, revealed: 
- Kevin suffers from extreme ADHD.
- Kevin's easygoing nature allows him to connect well with customers.
- Kevin's personality complements the more chaotic ones of Abby, Erin, and Holtzmann.
- Mike Hat is his service dog and has been trained to keep Kevin on task.
- Kevin is bilingual (but he usually forgets he is).
- Ghostbusters 101
- Ghostbusters: Answer The Call
- ↑ THR "Chris Hemsworth Joins 'Ghostbusters' Reboot as Receptionist" 6/10/15
- ↑ paulfeig Tweet 6/10/15
- ↑ Vanity Fair 8/17/15
- ↑ Cinema Blend "10 Ecto-Cool Things We Learned on theGhostbusters Set" page 8 4/28/16 Jeffrey Kurland says: "He wanted to create a character that was different from his persona and we thought the glasses will be great to break away from that. So we tried on several pairs to see what suited the character that he wanted to play and that was the best one."
- ↑ Yahoo! Movies "Screenwriter Katie Dippold on How 'Ghostbusters' Changed and Why 'The Heat 2' Isn't Happening" 7/20/16 Katie Dippold says: "We always thought male. At least in the script, the hunky part wasn't super-important. And actually even Kristen having a crush on him, she just kind of improvised and started doing it. That was something that happened during production."
- ↑ Yahoo! Movies "Screenwriter Katie Dippold on How 'Ghostbusters' Changed and Why 'The Heat 2' Isn't Happening" 7/20/16 Katie Dippold says: "Kevin probably changed the most because originally his character was this apathetic [guy]… I thought about what would have to be the most frustrating thing for them to deal with in an assistant? Cause these people are trying so hard to do this thing and they're really passionate trying to prove something. So I thought they'd have this guy who was super-apathetic… But then in hindsight, I don't think apathy is the funnest thing to play. And also because we changed it so he's rescued in the third act. Melissa had a point like, "We need to care about getting this person back." So we started playing around with it and Chris started improvising a lot, and it kind of became this lovable dummy."
- ↑ EMPIRE Online "Empire Podcast: Ghostbusters Spoiler Special with Paul Feig" 02:28-02:32 7/27/16 Paul Feig says: "That was actually -- that came from the mind of the genius Chris Hemsworth."
- ↑ erikburnham Tweet 5/26/17
- ↑ Abby Yates (2017). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters 101 #5" (2017) (Comic p.18). Abby Yates says: "Kevin, honey, you already live in the Bronx."
- ↑ TomWaltz Tweet 5/1/18