Krang  is a warlord who uses portal technology to cross over to the planet Earth in the dimension occupied by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
At some point in the Muromachi Period (1337-1573), Krang selected land in feudal Japan for his agenda. The immortal Kitsune began working for him. In exchange for helping clear the land of humans, Kitsune would be given a periodic supply of Mutagen by Krang who had an Interspatial Teleportation Unit constructed around a torii shrine. During one such visit, Krang was surprised to see Kitsune was not alone. Bringing someone was not part of their deal. Chi-You, Kitsune's brother, mistook Krang for a demon and thought she was cheating in a game played by their family for control of Earth. After Kitsune tossed Chi-You through Krang's portal, he revealed the safeguards in his technology either killed Chi-You or stranded him a state of eternal limbo. Krang asked if his land was cleared of humans yet. Kitsune confirmed it was done and she was given more Mutagen.
For further information, see the Turtlepedia article for Krang.
Krang is from the race of aliens known as the Utrom. For the lack of better terms, he looks like a human brain with tentacles. To survive the atmosphere of Earth, he operates a humanoid exo-suit.
- Krang's appearance in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters #1 elaborates on his collaboration with Kitsune seen in the mini-series Secret History of the Foot Clan.
- In the mini-series, he went by the aliases of Tetsu Oni and Iron Demon.
- The exo-suit Krang wears is visually inspired by the suit he wears in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ghostbusters 1987 animated series.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ghostbusters
- ↑ Dramatis Personae (2014). IDW Comics- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Issue #1" (2014) (Comic p.ii).