Krobos was inhabited by alchemists who dabbled in demonology. At some point, the city was destroyed and it sank into the ocean. Some in the field of paranormal research concluded demonic forces were the culprit.  The Dry Spell Spirit settled in the ruins and went into hibernation. The ruins of Krobos lay undiscovered for 2000 years.   A team sent out by François Rousseau discovered the ruins but awakened the ghost.
- Krobos appears to be loosely based on Atlantis.
- ↑ Michelle (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- Dry Spell (1997) (DVD ts. 00:32-00:38). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Michelle says: "It's spectacular. We found it, Danny. The Lost City of Krobos."
- ↑ Krobos reference #1 Dry Spell storyboard
- ↑ Kylie Griffin (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- Dry Spell (1997) (DVD ts. 05:25-05:37). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Kylie says: "It's entirely possible. Krobos was said to be home to a number of alchemists who were well-versed in demonology. Some paranormal researchers even believe it was demonic forces that ultimately destroyed the city and caused it to sink."
- ↑ Danny (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- Dry Spell (1997) (DVD ts. 00:47-00:53). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Danny says: "Those ruins have been there for 2000 years. I reckon they'll keep til the morning when we got clear skies."
- ↑ Krobos reference #2 Dry Spell storyboard