Making Ghostbusters is a book explaining the process in making the first Ghostbusters movie. It was put together and edited by Don Shay. The book has a total of 200 images from the movie. It was published by New York Zoetrope in November 1985.
- The October 7, 1983 "Final Shooting Script"
- Annotations detail stories, notes, and anecdotes from Director/Producer Ivan Reitman, Associate Producers Joe Medjuck and Michael Gross, and Writer/Stars Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.
- Storyboards, Artists' visualizations, special effects techniques
- Behind the scenes photos, movie stills, and illustrations
- On page 23 of Ghostbusters Issue #4, the map of locations and events from the first movie seen on page 26 of "Making Ghostbusters" is incorporated into the PCOC file on the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
- On page 9 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #9, on Egon's board:
- On the upper right, Steven Dane's schematic for Ecto-1 seen in Making Ghostbusters, page 66.
- Next to the schematic is part of the storyboard/script synopsis also from Making Ghostbusters.
- By Wat, a photo of an unused entity from the first movie shown in Making Ghostbusters.
- On page 10 of Ghostbusters Volume 2 Issue #9, Egon's clipboard has Don Shay's map of locations and events from the first movie seen on page 26 of Making Ghostbusters.