Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ray Stantz alluded to this event, the undersea, unexplained mass sponge migration (at which he was present) as a retort to Peter Venkman; who chided Ray that there was little evidence of the Paranormal.
We later learn that the sponges migrated 'about a foot and a half', which leads us to believe that it was not as paranormal as Ray thinks.
- Originally, Ray's line was about a "multiple high-altitude rockfall". Dan Aykroyd had to rerecord the line in a postproduction looping session, where he came up with "mass sponge migration." 
- On page 22 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters Issue #2, there is a non-cameo reference to Mass Sponge Migration in Ray's locker in an article in the upper left corner.
- In the Dramatis Personae of Ghostbusters International #1, the Mass Sponge Migration is mentioned in Ray's biography. 
- ↑ Shay, Don (November 1985). Making Ghostbusters, p. 25 annotation. New York Zoetrope, New York NY USA, ISBN 0918432685. Paragraph reads: "A similar problem plagued Stantz' "multiple high-altitude rockfall" reference. However, since this bit of dialogue was included in a long shot of the actors, Reitman and his editors were able to rerecord the line and insert it into the soundtrack during a postproduction looping session. Dan Aykroyd came up with his own replacement: "Of course you forget, Peter, I was present at an undersea, unexplained mass sponge migration.""
- ↑ Dramatis Personae (2016). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters International #1" (2016) (Comic Dramatis Personae). Line reads: "Has witnessed an undersea, unexplained mass sponge migration."