Mayor of New York City
|Played by||David Margulies|
Mayor Lenny (also known as Mayor Lenny Clotch, Lenny Clotch, Mayor, and The Mayor of NY)   was the mayor of New York who bailed the Ghostbusters out of jail to let them do their job and wipe out Gozer.
In 1984, the Mayor bailed the Ghostbusters out of their jail cell, in which they were placed after the explosion at the Firehouse. Despite Walter Peck's accusations, he listened to Peter Venkman's argument that, if they could stop the impending threat, he would secure a re-election for himself. He gave them a military motorcade to get to Dana Barrett's apartment and had Walter Peck removed from his office.
Between 1984 and 1989, Lenny hired Jack Hardemeyer as his assistant. Jack jealously, yet needlessly, defended Lenny from the Ghosbusters, citing their association being harmful to the Mayor's run for Governor the following year. When the Ghostbusters were brought to Gracie Mansion, Lenny heard their latest claim but refused to help them. He returned to a party and was unaware Jack had the Ghostbusters committed to Parkview Psychiatric Hospital. As New Years approached, supernatural activity increased to unprecedented levels. Lenny spent an hour in his room talking to the ghost of former mayor Fiorello La Guardia. 
The next night, Lenny learned how Jack abused his power and had him dismissed by force. Just as the Ghostbusters exited the Manhattan Museum of Art with Dana Barrett and Oscar, Mayor Lenny arrived on scene. Weeks later, he awarded the Ghostbusters with a Key to the City during a ceremony on Liberty Island.
Mayor Lenny was a reasonable politician who wanted to stop the crisis in New York at any costs. He listened to his advisers patiently for advice before calling the Ghostbusters. He was also a Catholic, and valued the advice of the Archbishop, whom he called "Mike."
- Called "Lenny" by the Archbishop, his first name is presumably Leonard.
- Lenny is described as a "likeable Democrat and a man of the people - particularly the Irish, Italian and Jewish people." 
- In Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular, the Mayor is referred to Hizzoner, New York slang for the Mayor. 
- After hearing Peter out, the Mayor muses to himself that Peter could be a dangerous opponent if he ever went into politics. 
- In Ghost Busted (manga), on chapter two, page 48, Jack refers to Mayor Lenny.
- On page six of Ghostbusters Issue #4, Lenny is listed on Peck's speed dial.
- Lenny appears on the back cover of Ghostbusters Volume 2 in a rendition of the scene he debuted in during the first movie.
- Ghostbusters II
- ↑ Ghostbusters credits
- ↑ Ghostbusters II credits
- ↑ Mayor Lenny (1989). Ghostbusters II (1989) (DVD). Columbia Pictures. Lenny says: "I spent an hour in my room last night talking to Fiorello La Guardia, and he's been dead for forty years. Now where are the Ghostbusters?"
- ↑ Third Draft, Revised 10/7/1983, p. 109 via Spook Central
- ↑ Mueller, Richard (August 1985). Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular, p. 211. Tor Books, New York NY USA, ISBN 0812585984.
- ↑ Mueller, Richard (August 1985). Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular, p. 217. Tor Books, New York NY USA, ISBN 0812585984.