Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mayor Lenny is the mayor of New York City during The Real Ghostbusters.
After the Gozer Incident, Mayor Lenny still found himself hiring the Ghostbusters to deal with more city-wide paranormal threats such as the Electric Possessor Ghosts haunting Stacy's Department Store. He would often ride the coattails of their success in an effort to boost his ratings with voters. Over time, the Mayor and Ghostbusters' relationship was indeed give and take. He was aghast when the New York City was overrun and slimed by a multitude of tiny Slimers (mostly because it was during an election year).  He ordered them to immediately take care of the problem. They soon returned and asked for four helicopters. He refused. Suddenly, a giant evil Slimer reached into his office and kidnapped Janine. The Mayor caved in and loaned them the helicopters. During a bust at a St. Patrick's Eve celebration, Peter Venkman accidentally shot at his wife and the Ghostbusters were arrested. All was forgiven when they saved Deputy Chief O'Malley from the Bog Hound at the St. Patrick's Day Parade. The Mayor declared they were honorary Irishmen. Mayor Lenny called the Ghostbusters and spoke to Egon Spengler. He alerted Egon that the city's water supply was haunted and reports came in from all five Boroughs at an alarming rate about the Undines. Mayor Lenny appeared at the public ribbon cutting ceremony for the Plump Towers. While trying to greet the first convention goers, the Mayor was jolted with a joy buzzer when he shook hands with Fred the Dentist. When the Loci started bringing various vehicles to the Firehouse, the Mayor demanded the Ghostbusters to do something and rectify the situation. When Walter Peck confiscated Slimer on behalf of the B.U.F.O., the Ghostbusters called the Mayor for help. He cited he was unable to act based on matters of science. After the Vigo incident, Lenny was succeeded and a new mayor took office.
Although he is sometimes annoyed with the Ghostbusters work, he does respect them as heroes.
- In the first draft of the "Knock, Knock" script, during the news segment, the second news anchor quoted the Mayor remarking the incident was a 'mess'. 
- Mayor Lenny has an aunt named Myrtle. 
- In the July 25, 1986 draft of "The Long, Long, Long, etc. Goodbye", Janine Melnitz was going to have answered a call from the Mayor and informed him the Ghostbusters didn't have any leads on Blackie yet. 
- "Adventures in Slime and Space"
- "Night Game"
- "The Bird of Kildarby"
- "The Scaring of the Green"
- "Janine's Day Off"
- Referenced only 
- "The Devil in the Deep"
- Ghostbusters receive a phone call from the Mayor. 
- "Ghostbuster of the Year"
- "Deadcon 1"
- "The Revenge of Murray the Mantis"
- "Egon's Dragon"
- "Big Trouble With Little Slimer"
- Ghostbusters confer in vain with Mayor on the phone. 
- ↑ Mayor Lenny (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Adventures in Slime and Space" (1987) (DVD ts. 11:45-11:47). Time Life Entertainment. Mayor says: "Oh, no. Not in an election year."
- ↑ Straczynski, J. Michael (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Volume One Disc Five, "Knock, Knock" Script p. 25. CPT Holdings, Inc. News Anchor #2 says: "Says the Mayor of New York, "Frankly, it's a mess.""
- ↑ Mayor Lenny (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Bird of Kildarby" (1987) (DVD ts. 2:43-2:45). Time Life Entertainment. Mayor says: "Haunted my sweet Aunt Myrtle."
- ↑ McCoy, Dennys and Hickey, Pamela (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Volume Three Disc Five, "The Long, Long, Long, Long, Etc. Goodbye" Script p. 10. CPT Holdings, Inc.
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Night Game" (1987) (DVD ts. 06:20-06:23). Time Life Entertainment. Egon says: "Okay, okay. Tomorrow, we'll go see the Mayor."
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Janine's Day Off" (1987) (DVD ts. 11:29-11:31). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "The Mayor's not going to like this."
- ↑ Janine Melnitz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "The Devil in the Deep" (1987) (DVD ts. 3:38-3:39). Time Life Entertainment. Janine says: "It's the Mayor."
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Ghostbuster of the Year" (1987) (DVD ts. 04:58-04:59). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "So, where's the Mayor?"
- ↑ Lieutenant Frump (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "The Revenge of Murray the Mantis" (1987) (DVD ts. 14:20-14:23). Time Life Entertainment. Frump says: "The Mayor ain't too happy with you clowns."
- ↑ Janine Melnitz (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon's Dragon" (1987) (DVD ts. 11:26-11:36). Time Life Entertainment. Janine says: "Ghostbusters' pet terrorizes city. Mayor demands that the fearless foursome do something."
- ↑ Winston Zeddemore (2009). The Real Ghostbusters - "Egon's Dragon" (1987) (DVD ts. 14:44-14:46). Time Life Entertainment. Winston says: "What's the Mayor gonna say?"
- ↑ Peter Venkman (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "Big Trouble With Little Slimer " (1987) (DVD ts. 11:47-11:52). Time Life Entertainment. Peter says: "Mayor, because it's a scientific matter there's nothing you can do about it?"
- ↑ Mrs. Pennyworth (2009). Slimer!- "Go-pher It" (1988) (DVD ts. 22:02-22:07). Time Life Entertainment. Mrs. Pennyworth says: "The Mayor is stopping by for lunch and I simply must introduce you."