Mr. Howard  is a collector of various periodicals.
Decades ago, Mr. Howard began to amass an unrivaled collection of pulp magazines, newspapers, books, and the like. When Ray Stantz was a child growing up in the Bronx, he would always borrow books from Mr. Howard.   His collection remained completely unorganized and in various rooms of his Victorian-style home. A task he never got around to rectifying.
In the 1980s, Mr. Howard was visited once again by Ray, who was with the rest of the Ghostbusters and Alice Derleth. He allowed them inside to look at this collection. At around 7 p.m., several hours later, they discovered what they were looking for, an old issue of "Weird Tales" with a story titled "The Horror From The Depths." It detailed the only known method to defeat Cathulhu.
- Mr. Howard's name is a reference to Robert Howard, a Cthulhu Mythos writer and part of Lovecraft's inner circle.
- On page 12 of Ghostbusters Issue #14, Mr. Howard makes a non-canon cameo on the bench by Mitch.
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "The Collect Call of Cathulhu" (1987) (DVD ts. 12:49). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "Mr. Howard?"
- ↑ Ray Stantz (2009).The Real Ghostbusters- "The Collect Call of Cathulhu" (1987) (DVD ts. 12:50-12:53). Time Life Entertainment. Ray says: "Remember me? Ray Stantz? I used to borrow your books when I was a kid."
- ↑ Reaves, Michael (2009). The Real Ghostbusters Complete Collection Volume Two Disc Five, p. 24. CPT Holdings, Inc.