NOW Comics Vol. 1 #19
The story begins with Egon Spengler in a place he calls the Ecto-Zone. He then promises to tell the reader four stories about himself and the other Ghostbusters, especially about how their free time can be just as unusual as their ghostbusting jobs. The first story has Ray Stantz go back to Toad Island, remembering that he once met a mermaid while he was lost. In the present time, he sees some punks throwing empty cans at his old friend and taunting her. Kenneth Grahame tries to stop the jerks, but they try to clobber him. Ray then saves the day by telling the bullies that they are being ugly and should go away. The next story has Peter Venkman dating Irena Cortez, who has changed into her werewolf form at an inopportune time. In the third story, Egon, Janine, and Shannon Phillips go to the circus, where they meet a troll. The troll explains that he was once a minion of Samhain, but was kicked out of trolldom after betraying the Spirit of Halloween. Egon then helps the troll escape. The final story has Winston go on a date, unaware that four gargoyles are trying to ruin everything. Fortunately, Slimer was always able to stop the four creeps before Winston went home. At that moment, the gargoyles tried to attack Slimer, only to be captured by Winston.
- The story is similar to the Twilight Zone television series, with Egon Spengler in the role of Rod Serling. It is interesting to note that the Twilight Zone is referenced in two episodes of Extreme Ghostbusters.
- This is the only time in Ghostbusters medium where a character(Egon) breaks the fourth wall.
- This comic borrows the front cover by Marvel on #29.
- Ectocontainment has all pages scanned to make a pdf The Real Ghostbusters issue 19 (link).
- GBFans has all pages scanned to Real Ghostbusters Vol. 1 Issue 19.
|Previous Comic book||Next Comic book|
|NOW Comics Vol. 1 #18||NOW Comics Vol. 1 #20|