|Necrotic Stay Puft Marshmallow Man|
Weaken Stay Puft
|Appeared in||IDW Publishing Comics- Ghostbusters: Infestation 2|
When dozens of Poltergeists escaped the Containment Unit, the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man also escaped. It marched up to West 57th Street where it was attacked by 37 Zombies. Britt coordinated them to infect Stay Puft on a massive scale in order to weaken it and she would be free to capture an essence of Gozer.   The Ghostbusters opted to inoculate the infected entity with the Poltergeists.
However, while carrying this strategy out, Stay Puft split off from the Necrotic portion and formed two entities. Egon Spengler speculated the winner would reabsorb the loser. However, it would still retain the Necrotic Slime. The team released all the trapped Poltergeists onto the Necrotic Stay Puft. The combination of Poltergeists, Zombie's Necrotic Slime, and Gozer's essence proved to be advantageously disruptive. The Necrotic Stay Puft imploded safely while Stay Puft dispersed. 
- Erik Burnham noted Chris Ryall wanted a Zombie Stay Puft Marshmallow Man for the Ghostbusters: Infestation mini series. 
- On page 23 of Ghostbusters Issue #4, a photo of the Necrotic Stay Puft is included in Stay Puft's PCOC file as well as the dossier on the "Infestation" incident in File #3742.
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2011). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Infestation Issue #2" (2011) (Comic p.16). Egon says: "We need to take out the more severe threat first, and that's the Necrotic Marshmallow Man."
- ↑ Britt (2011). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Infestation Issue #2" (2011) (Comic p.5). Britt says: A power those Zombies are meant to weaken."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2011). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Infestation Issue #2" (2011) (Comic p.17). Egon says: "My preference, of course, is that if -- or, when -- that occurs there's no Necrotic Slime left in play to reinfect Gozer's essence and put us back at square one."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (2011). IDW Comics- "Ghostbusters: Infestation Issue #2" (2011) (Comic p.20). Egon says: "That forced split would have had to have affected him at the molecular level. He's dispersing."
- ↑ Earth Station One Episode 89 (ts. 46:13-46:15)