Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Egon Spengler and Edward Kirillian worked together at the University but over time Kirillian's theories became increasingly dangerous. The two had a falling out and Kirillian lost his job soon after.   In 1982, both Egon Spengler and Ray Stantz were kicked out of the University for trying to reanimate the dead. 
In 1997, the Sphinx entered the Department of Philosophy building and attacked Professor Barthes. The Ghostbusters investigated and took readings and samples. A Biology graduate student named Sajid inadvertently awoke the spirit Shanbahac from a lab in the third floor of the Biology Department building. It took root in a terrarium and overrun the entire building. It was completely evacuated except for Sajid, who was encased in a pod by Shanbahac. The Extreme Ghostbusters arrived and entered, except for Garrett Miller, to retrieve Sajid. However, once Shanbahac left the building, the plants began dying and the building started to collapse. They barely escaped in time with Sajid.
- ↑ "The Sphinx"
- ↑ Eduardo Rivera (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- Seeds of Destruction (1997) (DVD ts. 9:14-9:16). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Eduardo says: "The dude from The University?"
- ↑ Egon Spengler (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- Heart of Darkness (1997) (DVD ts. 09:08-09:13). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Egon says: "We worked together at the University. Shared some of the same passions. I had respect for him in the beginning."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- Heart of Darkness (1997) (DVD ts. 09:14-09:22, 09:25-09:37). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Egon says: "Kirilian's theories became increasingly dangerous. He believed he could control spirits. He wanted to use them as a source of labor...I made my stand clear. We had a falling out. Soon after that, he lost his job at the University. That's the last I saw of him. At times, I thought about calling. I wish I had."
- ↑ Egon Spengler (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- The Sphinx (1997) (DVD ts. 03:48-03:54). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Egon says: "Boy, this sure brings back memories. Ray and I were kicked out of here back in '82 for trying to reanimate the dead."
- ↑ Roland Jackson (1997). Extreme Ghostbusters- The Sphinx (1997) (DVD ts. 04:50-04:54). Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Roland says: "Say Egon, could you go a little easy? I'd like to transfer to this school someday."