Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Erin at age eight encountered a nightly haunting by a recently passed away neighbor. The mean old lady would appear at the foot of her bed every night for nearly a year.
She told her parents, who didn't believe her and instead send her to therapy. When her classmates found out, they started calling her "Ghost Girl" all the way to high school, with Abby being the only one back then that believed her story.
- Although both Ghosts from Our Past and the Ghostbusters Official Novelization offer different names and backstories for this ghost, they both agree that after she died, she appears as a ghost at the foot of Erin's bed for nearly a year.
- The former identifies her as Greta DeMille, Erin's neighbor whose reason for haunting her was an incident were 2 of her friends poured leaves in her yard, despise an early warning that there'll be ''hell to pay'' if the raked leaves ended up in her yard.
- The latter gives her name as Mrs. Bernard, who blames Erin for her pet dog Corky killing one of the chickens Mrs. Bernard raises.
- ↑ Andrew Shaffer reply #1 reddit "WTF: The Ghostbusters 2016 novelization and the in-movie tie-in book "Ghosts from Our Past" have different continuities" 7/1/16 Line reads: "In Ghosts from Out Past, the old woman is called Gretta DeMille. While Erin is raking leaves, the old woman comes out and bitches at her, telling here there'll be "hell to pay" if even 1 leaf gets in her yard. Later that night, Erin is trick or treating with 2 of her friends, who decide to pour the bags of raked up leaves into Gretta's yard; the old lady storms out after them and they run away. Days later, the ambulance takes Mrs. DeMille away; she fell and broke her hip, then laid there suffering for days before finally dying. Later that night, she shows up at the foot of Erin's bed."
- ↑ Andrew Shaffer reply #1 reddit "WTF: The Ghostbusters 2016 novelization and the in-movie tie-in book "Ghosts from Our Past" have different continuities" 7/1/16 Line reads: "In the novelization, the woman is called Mrs. Barnard. She pesters Erin and her family after their dog kills Mrs. Barnard's pet chicken. Erin's parents end up calling the cops after the pestering gets to be too much; the old lady dies the next day and is taken away in an ambulance, only to return as a ghost at the foot of Erin's bed that night."