Pappy Sargassi is the first boss you encounter in the Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Realistic Versions). For strategy on defeating him, go to Welcome to the Hotel Sedgewick Level (realistic version) article.
According to Tobin's Spirit GuideEdit
- Category: Class III Roaming Animator
- Type: Ghost (must trap)
- Attacks: Melee, Rang, Rush
- Weakness: Proton Stream
- Dazed Duration: Moderate
- Trap resistance: Medium
Descending from a long, proud line of seafarers and fishermen, Pappy Sargassi attempted to avoid the notoriously unlucky early deaths on the water that plagued his family by pursuing a more landlocked career. In 1950 he opened a restaurant, Sargassi's, and attempted to turn his back on the sea. In later years, he overcame his fear of the water and took up fishing.
His family's curse caught up with him or he was the unluckiest fisherman who ever lived and he died choking on a fish stick while being eaten by a great white shark.
Taking on Pappy Sargassi is actually very easy. After attempting to shake you in the hotel hallways, he eventually takes refuge in a mass of kitchen utensils and appliances by animating the Kitchen Golem. Refer to the Kitchen Golem's contact protocol to learn how to disperse it. Once you've destroyed the Golem, Pappy pops free. Take him down using a standard zap, cap, and trap technique.
- Hotel Sedgewick (first visit)
- According to Jesse Sosa, senior character artist at Terminal Reality, "Originally, Pap[py] Sargassi was supposed to be a ghost you helped out in the graveyard. You helped him trap the ghost shark that killed him. So the classification of class 3 was correct. You were going to figure out who he was as the graveyard went on" and thus making him a Class 4.
- Pappy Sargassi can make the surrounding environment resemble the bed of the sea floor, including coral and tube worms. He can also flood areas with an ectoplasmic simulation of water.
- Wherever Pappy would manifest himself, he would be followed by a small swarm of Dead Fish Fliers.
- One of his attacks is to cast a fishing rod in the player's (Rookie's) general direction, causing minimal damage.
- His beard is also very similar in appearance to a Cursed Artifact named The Unruly Beard of V. Belascu.
- The Cook Ghosts wear the apron of the Sargassi's restaurant.
- His grandfather Grand Pappy Sargassi can be seen during online play and is known to be one of the Most Wanted Ghosts.
- His name may be a throwback to the classic comics character and lifelong sea dog Poopdeck Pappy, the father of Popeye the Sailor.
- On page three of Ghostbusters Issue #5, Pappy's fishing rod can seen outside a Sargassi's.